Monday, January 24, 2022

Lush Twilight Shower Jelly Review

 I'm mega tired right now...which probably means I should jump in the shower with my Twilight Jelly so I can calm alllll the way down before I go to bed. That way I can sleep. I may or may not be a extremely tired yet hyped up on sugar (I just made Butter Pecan ice cream and it was at the perfect Soft Serve texture 😍).

Anyway....Twilight Jelly.

Lush claims:

Get in the Twilight zone with this dreamy jiggler. Our bestselling lavender-tonka scent will whisk you away to soft skin with a sweet nighttime ritual.

Feel dreamily clean with this soothing jelly that lathers just like soap. Calming lavender flower infusion and lavender oil are blended with fragrant tonka absolute and sensual ylang ylang oil to create a familiar Sleepy scent. Softening carrageenan gives this wash its wobble as it hydrates the skin. Can be used at any time of day, but pairs best with—you guessed it—Twilight.

I missed Twilight when it was a Christmas seasonal shower gel, before it was changed to Sleepy shower gel.  Which I tried last year...as well as the Sleepy soap. I'm in love with Lush's version of Lavender and Vanilla. Even if you don't like Lavender, you should give this a sniff. It's like a heavenly calm in a bottle. It smells exactly like the Sleepy scent, possible a smidge better. And a little bit stronger, although I wouldn't describe it as a strong scent. It's strong enough.

Sadly it doesn't linger. And I only really smell it throughout the bathroom after showering if I use a lot!

I know some people use it as a bubble bath, I still haven't tried the shower jellies like that but I don't see any reason why that wouldn't work. Might be a nice one to get for younger kids/babies to bathe in. 

The shower jelly itself is gorgeous. 


It's blue and shimmery. A little mesmerizing. A lot jiggly. 

I've been using mine for a few weeks and it has shrunk noticeably but overall I think it's holding it's shape a lot better than the smaller sized jellies.This is my first full size jelly. I bought both Conga and Whoosh in the smaller sizes.

It lathers surprisingly well, rinses easily and cleanly, and doesn't dry out my skin at all.

The ingredients are pretty nice, considering it is a jelly. More natural ingredients than I would have thought, still not thrilled to see propylene glycol so high in the list. But love that it has Lavender, Ylang Ylang, Tonka and Benzoin.

Check out this How It's Made video from Lush. I don't think they make these anymore, I really miss them!



Ingredients: Glycerin, Lavender Flower Infusion, Sodium Laureth Sulfate,  Propylene Glycol, Carrageenan Extract, Perfume, Benzoin, Lavender Oil, Benzoin Resinoid, Tonka Absolute, Ylang Ylang Oil,Water, Titanium Dioxide, Biodegradable Glitter, Tin Oxide, Benzyl Benzoate, Coumarin, Limonene, Linalool, Colour

Overall, it's a favorite. Of the three main shower jellies in the Lush lineup, it's the only one I could see myself repurchasing. The only thing that makes me hesitate is the price, I think a $14 price point would be easier to swallow. I would begrudgingly pay it though. Luckily I scored this one half one. 


No comments:

Post a Comment