Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Lush Sleepy Shower Gel Review



 Next year is going to be an epic year for Television,  the Game of Thrones prequel is coming, a new Harry Potter, AND Outlander Season 6.


via GIPHY

                                                                                I can't wait! 

But anyway...back to the Shower Gel. I love the Sleepy scent. It's lavender vanilla heaven. I remember back when I didn't like Lavender and the combo with Vanilla made me LOVE it. This is one of those scents,  I highly recommend giving it a sniff if you don't like Lavender. It might change your mind. I already reviewed the super cute bar of soap here.

Lush claims:

Love Sleepy's lavender-tonka scent? Take it to the shower to simmer down for the evening and let its relaxing scent wash all over you.

Drift away to dreamland with Sleepy's sweet and softening shower suds. Oat milk, lavender oil, tonka absolute and ylang ylang oil combine to create a signature scent that's at first a bit sweet and then calming—the perfect nighttime remedy for winding down before bed. For the dreamiest possible skin, wash the day away with this sweet-scented shower gel, and then follow with the original Sleepy Body Lotion and thank us in the morning.

I believe the first iteration of this was the Christmas exclusive Twilight shower gel, they added a pastel color and oat milk and Lush Sleepy was born. Available year round! 

I never tried Twilight but I was really excited to try Sleepy, especially after the soap which I wished was stronger and last longer (not melt away) . This does both of those things. It's a little strong, but still a light scent. And if I'm in the mood to relax, this helps to relax me further. It's definitely nice for a nighttime shower/bath. 

I wish the scent lingered though.

 It lather ok. Cleans alright. Doesn't dry my skin. 

It has all kinds of great ingredients. Oat and Lavender Extract, Tonka Absolute, Lavender and Ylang Ylang, Benzoin and Moss Extract. 

Ingredients: Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Glycerin, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Water and Oat Extract, Water and Lavender Extract, Lauryl Betaine, Parfum, Lavender Oil, Benzoin Resin,Tonka Absolute, Ylang Ylang Oil, Irish Moss Extract, Titanium Dioxide, Benzyl Benzoate, Coumarin, Limonene, Linalool, Color 

Overall, I think I prefer the lotion as my main form of this scent, it lasts longer....but if you are a night time shower-er and love a nice calming scent- this might be for you! I could see myself repurchasing at some point just to have on hand for a stress relieving, sleep inducing shower. 

No comments:

Post a Comment