Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Ursa Major Morning Mojo Mint & Eucalyptus Bar Soap Review



 I'm trying to get back into regular blogging, but it's a bit of a struggle after vacation. Sometimes I even think of just stopping blogging altogether but a girl needs  hobby. Anyway..this was my travel soap. So I ended up going through it really fast since I was using it 2x per day. It was the perfect travel bar though...especially refreshing for summer.

Ursa Major claims:

An energizing and exfoliating bar soap that’ll have you woohoo-ing in the shower.

This energizing bar soap gives you a delightful clean while exfoliating, soothing and hydrating your skin. Its invigorating aroma, creamy lather and gritty texture will leave you bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, yearning to tackle the day.

Made in Vermont



Woo-hooing in the shower? If you play the Sims then you know...this soap will not have you woo-hooing in the shower. Or maybe it will. IDK. I can't say it did any such thing for me. 👀😁

The scent is pure Eucalyptus with a hint of mint and Rosemary. It's a really nice Eucalyptus scent. Strong, energizing, feels like something good for your lungs, probably helpful if you have a headache. It's a really nice unisex, true to the the essential oil scent. I was really impressed. I've used a few Eucalyptus soaps now. Zum Bar's Eucalyptus soap which is a nice lighter soap. And Lush's Outback Mate, if you love the Lush soap, you would LOVE this one.

The look of the bar is quite different to any bar I've ever seen. It kinda looks like a hair grease my mom used in my hair as a child. Maybe Indian Hemp Grease? I like the look of the bar though. It's a 5 oz bar which is a nice size.

I feel like if you used it once a day it would last 2-3 weeks- maybe more because I can go through some soap.. It doesn't melt as fast as a Lush Bar...so it's a bit longer lasting.

It says on the site that it's gritty...I don't think so. I don't think it felt exfoliating at all but then again my skin was noticeably softer and smoother. Especially my heels, elbows, knees. I was amazed at how soft my skin felt. I don't think any other soap has made my skin feel softer and smoother. 

The packaging is nice. I love the colors and polar bear on the front. Bonus points for it being wrapped in paper which is easily recycled.

The ingredients get an A plus. They are quite amazing. Most soap seem to have mostly the same ingredients (except Lush has some nicer ones) and I would put this up there with the Lush. It might actually even be a bit better. It does have palm oil but it's responsibly sourced which is always good to see! Of course it has the essential oils of Eucalyptus, Rosemary, and Mint. It has grapefruit, pumice (for softening), Shea Butter, coconut oil, jojoba powder (not something I see very often), hone, aloe juice, and much more! 

Ingredients:

sodium palmate (segregated rspo), sodium palm kernelate (segregated rspo), water, glycerin, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf oil, eucalyptus globulus (eucalyptus) leaf oil, mentha piperita (peppermint) oil, citrus grandis (grapefruit) peel oil, pumice (volcanic rock), butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter*, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil*, sodium gluconate, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed powder, honey, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil*, aloe barbadensis (aloe vera) leaf juice, maltodextrin, crithmum maritimum (sea fennel) extract, salix alba (willow) bark extract, salix alba (willow) leaf extract

This is a really nice bar of soap. I was very impressed with it. Especially for the price I paid for it. I would buy it again, especially as a gift. The list price is $14, which is pretty pricey, especially for the size. I got mine on sale for $8 which I think is a great price! I bought it off Nordstrom but I don't see it on their site anymore 

If you love minty, eucalyptus,  rosemary, fresh and awakening scents, I would recommend it to you. 



No comments:

Post a Comment