Friday, January 20, 2023

Voluspa French Cade Lavender Candle Review

 I have a ton of candles to burn through. I guess I found a lot of sales and had them in my cart checking out before I really thought about it. Whoops. I found that I really love trying mini candles, it's a great way to spend less money trying out a scent. That way if I don't like it, I don't have a ton of wax to get through and I'm not out the full sized price. Especially when I find them on sale. I got this for a great price- I think 6-7 dollars. Retail price is $12 for the mini tin. This one wasn't worth the sale price at all.

Voluspa claims:

Notes of French Cade Wood, Verbena & Bulgarian Lavender.

Fragrance Description
The rustic, woodsy and herbaceous nature of sun-drenched Provence is harvested with an aromatic infusion of lush lavender, rare French cade wood and vivid lemon verbena. Embodying a true farm to table experience, feel the creation of refreshing and calming energy, like a breeze on a summer day.

About the Product
Voluspa's unique coconut wax blend is hand-poured into a 4 oz. metal vessel adorned in Japonica pattern and is topped with a matching lid that keeps the candle dust-free when not in use. The single wick allows you to enjoy fragrance throw for 25 hours. Our candles are hand-poured in the United States and feature our proprietary, clean-burning coconut wax blend and 100% natural wicks. Our products are free of phthalates, pesticides, parabens and sulfates and are never tested on animals. Up-cycle this best seller into a keepsake after the last burn. 

I bought this years and years ago as a gift and was mega disappointed. This candle is so light it almost comes across unscented. And that was the large size. I thought maybe we just got a bad candle back then, especially now since I've given this brand another try- other scents perform much better. This particular scent is just way too light. To smell this candle, you have to be within 1-2 feet of the candle and you can still barely smell it.

I also don't particularly love this scent. It doesn't come across as Lavender to me. More like a fresh, breezy scent. And very forgettable. I guess reading from the description they were going for a Lavender Breeze if you were on the coast of something with some woody scents. I kind of get that, but only if I'm really searching/thinking about it. 

Other than that, I love the packaging. They come in really solid, quality feeling tins that are easy to up-cycle.

I find the wax always burns evenly and cleanly. And you get quite a few hours out of them for the size/price (thinking of the sale price). The listed burn time is 25 hours. This seems to burn forever-but it could be because I don't really love the scent. 

It is coconut wax...not sure if there is paraffin in the candles or not.

Overall, not a repurchase for me but I am looking forward to trying the other two min's that came in my set. 

No comments:

Post a Comment