Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Esum V33 Medium Domed Eye Contour Makeup Brush Review



 I'm officially limiting my Hogwarts Legacy playing to one quest a night, unless it's the weekend. Mostly because I need to stop staying up til 2.00-3.00 in the morning...g playing and playing and always just one more and one and on. That way I can also keep blogging because sometimes I want to skip the post and jump right into the game. So here I am with a brush review. I got this in a bundle with another Esum brush, a liner and two Viseart palettes off Muse Beauty which I probably wouldn't do again as I don't like that they charge shipping to overseas military shipping addresses (considered a US address but not the them) , and I'm just generally not a fan of some of the founders. Also I found out that Viseart does have sales and you can get their palettes at a much better price directly from them during sale time.

Esum claims:

ESUM V33 - MEDIUM DOMED EYE CONTOUR BRUSH: A classic eye shading essential for the "windshield wiper" technique. The elongated brush head comes to a soft dome shape for diffused eye contour. Made with smooth synthetic fibers ideal for powder to cream makeup mediums. Also available in a larger size option. Vegan. Size: Hair Length 16mm, Full Length 187mm, Diameter 9.5mm.

ESUM Makeup Brushes are a premium collection of professional tools relied upon by makeup artists and coveted by beauty mavens. Our range of brush styles offers variation in shape, size and hair texture for eyeshadow, eyeliner, eyebrows, foundation, contouring, blush and powder. From natural hair to synthetic vegan fibers each hair type is chosen for the ideal lay-down of makeup to support all professional makeup mediums, including cream, gel, liquid, powder and wax. Each brush is handmade and features eco-friendly cured birch handles with platinum bowed brass ferrules. ESUM Brushes are available at professional makeup stores and salons worldwide.

I think the problem with this one is I'm not a fan of synthetic bristles so it's not a brush I would have bought other than it coming in the bundle. Especially not at the asking price, although I do think the brush is well made.

It's a brush made for the windshield wiper technique which I don't really do. I like a more blown out look and when I want something more specific I have other brushes I go for. I really don't reach for this unless I'm forcing myself to use it when rotating through my brush collection. 

You can use it for that technique but I always want to put it right down and go dig for my MAC 217 (the old school goat hair brush). I've used it to blend out stiffer harder to blend shadows and it will get the job done. You can also use it to stamp on shimmers or mattes but when I used it that way, I really felt like i didn't get quite the pigmentation or vibrancy to my shadow that I had gotten with other brushes. 

As for the look, I really don't like it. It's a grey silver, with a silver ferrule. It feels nice in the hand, comfortable- long handle. I just am not a fan of the silver-grey look. I find it a little boring or just plain ugly. I feel like with the Omnia Gold line and this line, I certainly have enough silver and gold brushes- but I wish they would have gone with a more adventurous color. Maybe a lavender handle or a nude pink, or even coral. 

The brush is handmade, I think they are made in China. I don't remember seeing it on the packaging and it's not stamped onto the brush.

Overall, it's one that I will force myself to use but would never be a favorite...maybe I would like it more for a cream shadow? If I end up with some cream shadows, I will definitely come back and update this post. 


No comments:

Post a Comment