Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Farmacy Honey Butter Lip Balm Review





 I don't know much about the Farmacy brand except that the marketing calls to me and I really want to try their skincare. I have a few things I need to get through so it may be awhile before I get there. In the meantime, I did notice they have a lip balm- I was in need of a lip balm and picked it up.

Farmacy claims:

Why It's Special

    Ultra-hydrating. Superfood butters (cupuaçu, cocoa) and oils (olive, castor, coconut, sunflower, jojoba), sink into the skin to lock in long-lasting moisture. A natural humectant, our special honey soothes, hydrates and delivers potent natural antioxidants.

    Naturally derived ingredients. A better honey lip balm with nutrient-rich superfoods and farm-fresh ingredients, this clean formula has all the good stuff and none of the bad.

    Conditions + nourishes. Vitamin E softens dry lips, royal jelly nourishes with amino acids and propolis calms and heals.

    Preps lips for color. This non-greasy natural beeswax lip balm fills in fine lines and wrinkles to leave lips with a smooth, pillowy-soft finish, perfect for your favorite lipstick shade!

      Meet Honey Butter Lip, a beeswax lip balm that moisturizes, conditions, and provides quality hydration. This honey lip balm is cleanly formulated with our special honey blend, cupuaçu and cocoa butters, plus a blend of superfood oils to deliver deep hydration to the lips.

      Honey Butter Lip is aimed to bring suppleness to your lips with ultra-moisturizing and nourishing ingredients, regardless of the season. Use in winter for relieving windblown or cold, chapped lips. Or, use during the summer months as an additional barrier to lock in the moisture after being in the sun.

      The rich combination of butters and quality oils in our honey beeswax lip balm soothes, hydrates, and delivers potent natural antioxidants. Other ingredients formulated in Honey Butter Lip include Vitamin E to soften dry lips and propolis and royal jelly extract to provide overall moisture retention. In addition to healing, this non-greasy beeswax lip balm fills in fine lines or wrinkles to leave lips with a smooth finish, ready to tackle your favorite lip balm. Making this honey lip balm a part of your daily routine is a must to help make your lip color pop!

      With environmental concerns that consumers might face while choosing the correct product, our honey lip balm offers the cleanest commandments, including paraben-free, synthetic fragrance-free, and cruelty-free. In addition to environmental concerns, our product is gluten-free.

      This product is perfect for those with dry lips or those seeking additional moisture and healing benefits. Try using Honey Lip Butter after a lip scrub for the ultimate pillow-soft finish or to immerse yourself in a spa treatment!

       Made in Korea 


    First thing this post is teaching me is that I hate the brand name. It keeps auto correcting to Pharmacy and it's driving me crazy. 

    This lip balm is $12. Which is extremely expensive considering you can get amazing lip balms for $5 or even less. Lucky for my pockets, I don't really like this or think it's worth the price.

    It's unscented. I do like a little scent or taste in my lip balm, but I can appreciate an unscented product. Sometimes unscented products have a funny taste or smell, this has nothing noticeable. That's a good thing. 

    It goes on nicely, feels smoothing, and hydrating, it feels like a nice lip balm. But one thing I notice is that it wears off and leaves my lips feeling a bit dry. So I end up reapplying and reapplying and reapplying. It's not a great day lip balm, but I do find it works really well if I apply it before I go to sleep. You will wake up with softer, more hydrated lips which is nice, but almost any decent lip balm will do the same. 

    The ingredient list is nice and I'm guess that's why the price is higher. It has cupuacu butter (not common in lip balms) and Jojoba Oil. The ingredient highest on the list is Castor oil, and it definitely feels like al ip balm that uses oil as the main ingredient. It does have beeswax which is my favorite ingredient in lip balms, but I think it's a lower amount. If it was higher, I think that would help with longevity in the daytime.It is nice to see more uncommon oils and butters in the ingredient list- but the tiny amount added doesn't add up to a $12 product for me.

                                                              Ingredients: 

  • Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil
  •  
  • Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil
  •  
  • Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil
  •  
  • Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil
  •  
  • Cera Alba (Beeswax)
  •  
  • Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax
  •  
  • Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil
  •  
  • Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax
  •  
  • Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter
  •  
  • Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter
  •  
  • Tocopherol
  •  
  • Squalane
  •  
  • Echinacea Purpurea Root Extract
  •  
  • Honey Extract
  •  
  • Propolis Extract
  •  
  • Royal Jelly Extract
  •  
  • Cananga Odorata Flower Oil
  •  
  • Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Oil
  •  
  • Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil
  •  
  • Benzyl Benzoate
  •  
  • Benzyl Salicylate
  •  
  • Citral
  •  
  • Farnesol
  •  
  • Limonene
  •  
  • Linalool
  •  


Overall, it's OK but way overpriced. Not something I would buy again. A better honey based lip balm (and better priced) would be the Burt's Bee's Honey Lip Balm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment