Thursday, February 16, 2023

Norman Connors



Quick post today because I am exhausted. Didn't get much sleep last night, I'm just getting by of tea. Cup after cup after cup. 

But back to the music. I think You Are My Starship used to come on the oldies station, I just remember hearing it in the car a lot. One day I came across it as I was downloading a few songs and realized how much I like the song. It definitely sounds like it could be a Jeffrey Osborne, Peabo Bryson, or Teddy Pendergrass song.  Wish there was a live version.


My other favorite by him is his song with Phyllis Hyman ( I LOVE Phyllis). Original song by the Stylistics, it's my favorite version for sure. But I like this one too. Singing the is the only time using phrases like "Betcha By Golly Wow" would be acceptable 😂. It's not an everyday phrase. 


And that's all, short and sweet post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment