Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Thierry Mugler Angel Eau De Parfum Review


Continuing on with trying the most iconic perfumes...visiting the 90's again. 92 to be exact. From what I could read this is largely known as the first gourmand fragrance- even though I think there were some that came before this. I definitely remember seeing this perfume- but I was never drawn to it. I guess the design of the bottle just didn't draw me in. It definitely drew others in, as it is the fifth best selling perfume of all time in the US. 

Thierry Mugler:

Angel by Mugler is a Amber Vanilla fragrance for women. Angel was launched in 1992. Angel was created by Olivier Cresp and Yves de Chirin. Top notes are Cotton Candy, Coconut, Cassis, Melon, Jasmine, Bergamot, Pineapple and Mandarin Orange; middle notes are Honey, Red Berries, Blackberry, Plum, Apricot, Peach, Jasmine, Orchid, Caraway, Nutmeg, Rose and Lily-of-the-Valley; base notes are Patchouli, Chocolate, Caramel, Vanilla, Tonka Bean, Amber, Musk and Sandalwood. This perfume is the winner of award FiFi Award Hall Of Fame 2007.

Made in France

I'm not really familiar with Thierry Mugler- I'm not into designer clothing at all. But fun fact, he did design the outfits for one of Beyonce's tours. I've always thought her stage outfits were really nice. Especially anything in gold. 



The design of her own perfume kind of reminds me of the design of Angel.  Interesting.

Anyway back to the perfume- the bottle is star shaped. It seems a little juvenile looking to me. And you have to lay it flat (unless you spend the money for a stand), it's definitely a unique and interesting bottle. Probably the most interesting thing about it is you can get refills. You can take it to a counter that will fill it up or buy refills and do it yourself. I've had a lot of perfumes over the years- but never one that was refillable. I really like that concept.


But I do like it enough to refill?

Ehh. No. When reading the scent notes, I really had no idea what to expect. Patchouli, Praline, Red Berries, and Vanilla. I think overall, the scent is too busy. It's trying to be too many different things at once. It just confuses me. It reminds me a little of Escada Desire Me. And it reminds me a little of Bath and Body Works Black Amethyst- I do really enjoy the scent notes that remind of that perfume. And it's also foody/caramel. And also tries to be fruity. And has some iearthy patchouli- luckily the patchouli isn't overpowering to me, like it is in so many other fragrances.  The first couple of times, I just kept thinking how odd of a scent it is. As I wore it, I got used to it, and it does smell more blended. But still a strange combination of scents. 

It's just not my type of scent. I don't hate it though. I can wear it without wanting to scrub off, but it's not something I would repurchase again, nor do I understand the hype this scent got/gets. 

It is very powerful though. Just one spray will do until your nose gets used to it. I think that's because the sprayer doesn't really mist the perfume, it's one strong spray. Not sure if that's just my bottle....probably not.

Overall, glad I tried it and really wish I had gone for the smaller bottle. At least I bought this one on sale.


No comments:

Post a Comment