Sunday, March 12, 2023

Lancome Lash Idole Mascara Review



 For some reason I really didn't want to review this mascara. I think maybe because I have just been too lazy to take pictures of it...and also because I'm not a big fan of it. 

Lancome claims:


WHAT IT IS: A mascara that targets and volumizes every single lash for instant lash lift, length, and fully fanned out volume with no clumps. 

WHAT IT DOES: Our curved mascara wand instantly pushes up & fans out lashes for an open eye effect lasting up to 24H, while the 360 micro-bristles grab every lash from root to tip (no matter the length) for longer eyelashes without the clumps. The lightweight gel formula won’t weigh on lashes, leaving them feathery soft with no flaking or smudging.

In a consumer test realized on a panel of 103 women:
95% saw instant lash lift
94% saw instant volume
90% saw clump-free lashes

made in France

I'm not a fan of plastic bristle brush and didn't really bother to look at reviews or even the packaging or else I probably would have lowered my expectations. When I did open it, it was the thin, plastic bristled brush. I just tend to prefer the fat, traditional brushes because I think they work quicker. 



The first couple of weeks I really was not a fan of it. I could tell right away it creates a different style of lashes which I like but have gotten used to. But those first couple of weeks it seemed like you really had to put a ton on for it to do anything. As it thickened up and got a little dryer, this got better. But it will still take time to pile it on and give me a look that I like. In the morning when I get ready, I want something quick. This might be better for someone that doesn't mind taking the time to use it. Once you get it going, it does build up decently and it does not clump- at all. My lashes tend to curl with most mascaras so I never see a big difference in with a lash curler or without, but this does hold the curl and does not go droopy.


As for wear, it's Ok. Looks the same as when I put it on at the end of the night. Doesn't smudge- but most mascaras don't smudge on me. Doesn't budge. But it's hard to wash off. My regular soaps do not get it off and if I want to remove it completely I have to use a makeup remover/micellar water/oil cleanser. 

I do like the packaging. L'oreal and Maybelline are really liking this shade of pink for their mascaras lately. Also there is something about the pink and black combination that is really cute and this is quite different from all the other black packaging that Lancome usually sticks to. 

Overall, not one I would repurchase or that I am particularly thrilled to use on a daily basis. It does seem to dry up pretty quickly though, I don't expect to have it around for much longer. It just wasn't worth the price to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment