Friday, April 28, 2023

Otis Redding

 


The genius that is Otis Redding. A great songwriter and singer that passed entirely too young. He wrote mega hits Respect (Made Popular By Aretha) and Try a Little Tenderness-if you don't listen to oldies you might have seen Chris Brown do his own version on the movie This Christmas. 

But my favorite song by Otis is Sitting on the Dock of the Bay. I first heard a remake, went to find the original and loved it at first listen. I wish there was a live version but unfortunately he passed before he ever was able to perform it 😔


Also wanna post Otis singing Try A Little Tenderness because I would rather listen to this than Chris Browns version- his voice just wasn't made for this type of music. 

His live performances sure were something. Now I'm off to sing Sitting On the Dock of the Bay for the next two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment