Thursday, April 27, 2023

Calvin Klein CK One Eau De Toilette Review

Yesterday I did something that I have not done since I was a child- I made boxed Macaroni and Cheese. It was one of the only things I could make as a kid and during the summer I usually had three options for lunch- A sandwich, SpaghettiO's, or mac and cheese. Usually my parents bought the Velveeta one. For some reason even though I prefer to cook and eat "real food",  I thought it would be fun to try out as an adult. I bought Annie's because it seems healthier than the other stuff and a lot of people really like it, it tasted like my college food days- I ate a lot of the Easy Mac that you make in the microwave. So nostalgic, but tastes nothing like real food. I bought two boxes, unfortunate for me. That's was a 90's thing. And so is this perfume.



Calvin Klein claims:

CK One by Calvin Klein is a Citrus Aromatic fragrance for women and men. CK One was launched in 1994. CK One was created by Alberto Morillas and Harry Fremont. Top notes are Lemon, Green Notes, Bergamot, Pineapple, Mandarin Orange, Cardamom and Papaya; middle notes are Lily-of-the-Valley, Jasmine, Violet, Nutmeg, Rose, Orris Root and Freesia; base notes are Green Accord, Musk, Cedar, Sandalwood, Oakmoss, Green Tea and Amber.

Made in Spain

I'm pretty sure this is the second Calvin Klein scent I've had. First one I tried was Euphoria, which I'm not a fan of. I am also not a fan of this. I think this was largely hyped as one of the first unisex scents which is not true. There were quite a few unisex colognes that came out as early as the 1700's and they are still around today. Ck One came out in 1994 and quickly became a best seller and sold millions in the 90's. It still sells in the millions today although considerably less.

When I first got it, the first spray I thought I was in love. I thought it was light and fresh and perfect for the upcoming summer. I wished I bought a larger size. The second day I didn't feel quite the same way. And by the third day, I downright disliked it. I'm typically not a fan of unisex fragrances. They just aren't for me. This just started smelling too masculine to me. Like a nice smelling boy. Something you might buy your teenage sons. I really, really dislike it on me. And it doesn't really last, nor does it have much silage. I can put it on and basically forget about it an hour later. 

I'm not great at describing scents but I get a big hit of citrus. Lemon? But not lemony, lemon. Definitely smells like Bergamot. I do get the Mandarin notes too. And for sure the cardamom. A little hit of Jasmine. And those are the only notes I feel I really pick up. I'm surprised I can pick out so much! 

The packaging is nice. I love the cloudy glass bottle that comes with a lid and also a sprayer which you can change out. I do like the cap more (it looks cool)  but I keep the sprayer on it most of the time to make it easier to use it. I think I like it because it looks so unique and different from all my other bottles. 

Overall, it just wasn't for me but it's not a horrible scent.  I can see why some people really love it . It's just not my thing.  I'm glad I gave it a try and I'm happy to add the bottle to my collection once I use it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment