Sunday, May 21, 2023

Hawaiin Pizza, Chicken Chow Mein, Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice

 It's already that time for a mother food post. I've been cooking, cooking, cooking. Yesterday I made an Egyptian Bread Pudding (Om Ali)  for a party that came out pretty alright. It was such a fun party and all the food was so good. It has me thinking I should try to make a few Egyptian Dishes.....

But for now...here are all the things I've made in the past week.

Hawaiian Pizza- This pizza really took weeks. Mostly because I made a sourdough starter...and then made a sourdough pizza crust. If I'm honest it really wasn't that much different from a regular pizza crust but maybe that's because my starter is young and needs to develop in flavor more. The toppings for the pizza is jalapeño, ham (I skipped) and pineapple. I LOVE pineapple pizza so I loved this. I even made the pizza sauce myself. I really should have put more pineapple on the pizza to balance out the heat of the Jalapeño but I love it and would make again! You can find the recipe here.

Then I made a chicken chow mein. I had a hard time finding the right noodles- first I picked up Soba noodles which are really good but not what I was looking for. Then I just picked up regular stir fry noodles. I just couldn't find the Yakisoba variety. I actually made this on my 30 minute lunch/dinner break at work. I chopped all the veggies the night before which really made the time fly. It was really good....and I would 100% made it again. I might play with adding even more garlic and ginger (not in the original)  cause I love those flavors in a stir fry. Recipe here.


Last one is fresh squeezed Orange juice. Originally inspired by an orange shrub or Sharbat-E-Norinj. I didn't really want to cook any juice and add sugar so I just got the oranges, squeezed them and added a bit of lemon juice. Who doesn't love fresh squeezed orange juice? I really should juice them more often! 

And...that's it. Until next time! 



No comments:

Post a Comment