Thursday, May 25, 2023

Jennifer Lopez Still Eau De Parfum Review

 I was planning on reviewing some of my nail polishes finally...but of course I cut straight though my nail bed on my pointer finger trying to peel some ginger yesterday. Luckily it's mostly at the top so I'm hoping it will only take a few months to grow out...I should try to cut it down but I just know it's going to hurt and I'm not feeling very brave. So..instead a perfume review.

Perfume claims:

Still by Jennifer Lopez is a Floral fragrance for women. Still was launched in 2003. The nose behind this fragrance is Michel Girard. Top notes are Earl Grey Tea, White Pepper, Mandarin Orange, Apple and Rice; middle notes are Jasmine, Lily-of-the-Valley, Freesia, Honeysuckle, Orange Blossom and Rose; base notes are Pepper, Musk, Sandalwood, Iris and Amber.

Still is very feminine, vivacious, clean and sensual. The opening is luminous and gentle due to the notes of white pepper, mandarine, Earl Grey tea and sake note. The heart note is composed of freesia, rose, jasmine, orange blossom and lily-of-the-valley. The base is warm and sensual with woody and musky notes; sandalwood, musk, amber, orris and pepper. The perfume was created by Michel Girard in 2003.

Made in France

I bought this because I was taking a nostalgia trip when the J-Lo Glow perfume popped up in my Amazon feed. It was one of the first perfumes I remember getting in middle school- maybe even elementary school, I can't remember exactly but into the cart it went. That was back when I was a J-Lo fan, now not so much. The last Jennifer Lopez perfume I had was Deseo and I HATED that, I think it's discontinued now though.

But back to Still,  which made its debut in 2003.  It's 20 years old this year. I thought there was an album named Still by J-Lo but..nope. Anyway, I'll start with the bottle. I love it! It's a beautiful bottle that I am excited about adding to my perfume bottle collection once it's done. 

Now as for the scent- love the initial spray. It reminds me a lot of the Strawberries and Cream scent from Victoria's Secret years ago. The initial spray is so pretty. I guess that's the Bergamot Tea? I definitely get a nice hit of Bergamot with something floral but those notes don't stay long. In fact, the whole perfume doesn't stay long. You can spray and spray and spray. Mostly it disappears, but sometimes it develops into a really sour smell on my skin. Not often though.  I don't know if I get Sake notes, but I think it's unique because I've never had a perfume with it. Other notes I get are the Apple, Jasmine, and Freesia. I don't get any base notes, nor any of the other listed notes. 

I think the initial spray is nice but it's really not "perfume" quality. It performs more like a really nice smelling body spray. I did buy this in the one ounce size for about $15, which when you compare to something like Bath and Body Work's sprays, I would rather go for this. The scent quality is higher, packaging is better, everything is better for the price but it definitely has its downsides. 

Overall, I liked using it in the house,  I went through it very quickly- but it's not something I would buy again. I do think I might look for a perfume with similar notes- I'm specifically interested in something with Freesia, Apple, Bergamot, and Jasmine. If you know any, let me know! 



No comments:

Post a Comment