Friday, May 26, 2023

Patrice Rushen

 We have finally made it to the three day weekend. I have been lookin forward to it for months. Probably since February and how the days did drag. I don't have any plans- just to spend the weekend doing whatever makes me happy- workout, do my nails, start a new book, cook, etc. Possibly a blog post or two. Also...go shopping. 

But back to he music. I'm a big fan of Patrice Rushen. I think the only song I had by her was Forget Me Nots until I played through her catalogue. I definitely heard Men in Black first so when I finally did hear this I was shocked at how similar they are! But good music will be sampled. Sidenote- I LOVE her hair!


Next up Remind Me. Doesn't seem as well known as the first song but I love, love this song. So Smooth! This was sampled by Mary J. Blige, I have that song in rotation too. The music/instruments in this is just perfection. Love, love, love this song.

I listened to Haaven't You Heard about 50 times in a row because it reminded me of another song I couldn't quite put my finger on. It bothered me forever...I just kept playing it and playing and singing something. Eventually I left the song alone...then figured out I was thinking of a gospel song- Kirk Franklin. Went through his songs and there it was- Looking For You. I probably should have looked on Who Sampled and saved myself the trouble. But yep...another bop. Love this song! I remix it myself by sining some of the Kirk Franklin song.

Very underrated and extremely talented artist. I didn't know this before but she plays a ton of instruments too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment