Sunday, May 28, 2023

Lip Smacker Vanilla Coke Lip Balm


 I don't remember drinking a lot of Coke Vanilla but for some reason this flavor takes me back to high school. The one I went to in North Carolina. I went to school overseas for most of my life so moving back and going to a high school in the US was a completely different experience than what I was used to. One thing I specifically remember being surprised about was that fact that there were vending machines in the school and students could buy soda whenever they wanted. For some odd reason, I remember the Cherry Coke and Vanilla coke options standing out. I know I've tried vanilla coke, but I don't remember it being that great.

Lip Smacker:

Together in one really cool, collectible tin, enjoy a variety of refreshingly authentic Coca-Cola flavored Lip Smacker lip balms that are as good for your lips as they taste! Since 1973, Lip Smacker has put smiles on lips around the globe. Each carefully crafted lip balm is inspired by our endless flavors, variety of colors and 40+ years of evolving style. The flavor combinations are endless – mix and match to find your own lip softening, smile inducing, deliriously happy moment because at Lip Smacker, we hope our authentic flavors, scents and colorfully designed products make you happy. We invite you to discover our world, explore our brand and find your favorites.

I'm on my third lip balm of the pack and so far the Cherry Coke lip balm is the best of the three coke options. This Vanilla Coke lip balm really doesn't have much vanilla scent, and barely there coke scent. It's a just a very forgettable one.

It's also gritty and dries my lips out over time. I reapply and reapply and reapply and end up with drier lips every time. I'm at the point where I am thinking of tossing it out.

While trying these lip balms have been fun and I will use and review the remainder of my party pack, I won't buy them again. It's pretty disappointing to me that Lip Smackers used to be made in the US but aren't anymore. I think they were made somewhere in the midwest, and I really liked that because that it supported the US economy and US jobs. They are now made in China.

Ingredients are a mixed bag. There are some great oils and waxes but then it does also contain mineral oil and hydrogenated oil. Probably still not the best ingredient list because you do end up eating a bit of the product since it's on your lips.

Ingredients: 

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Cetyl Acetate, Beeswax/Cire dabeille, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/Cire de Candelilla, Flavor/Aroma, Polybutene, Paraffin, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/Cire de Carnauba, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Mineral Oil/Huile Minerale, Propylene Glycol, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Microcrystalline Wax/Cire Microcristalline, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Stearic Acid, Sucralose, Stevia Rebaudiana Leaf/Stem Extract, Propyl Gallate, Citric Acid, Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140).


Overall, I don't like it at all. 


No comments:

Post a Comment