Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Maison Souquet Candle Review

 I've been having a string of unfortunate events happen lately.  But then today I felt like my luck turned around- I won at $300 voucher for Ryanair at work. That means I need to start planning a 2nd summer vacation. I kinda want to take a short trip to Barcelona or somewhere with a beach since I am now a beach person. Or maybe I should go somewhere new. But for now, a candle review from when I visited Paris last year. 

I was looking for unique things to buy in Paris and this candle turned up on a list. I used to collect key chains and other stuff (mostly made in China) but recently decided to try and pick up more unique things on my travels. So I googled and this came up. We did a lot of walking that day and finally ended up by the Moulin Rouge. The Mason Souquet hotel is very close to the Moulin Rouge. It's been around since 1905 and was inspired by Parisian Brothels from the late 1800's. In fact, it used to be a pleasure house. I find that fascinating and I really want to stay in one of their rooms. Probably won't happen unless I win the lottery because it's pretty pricey. A girl can dream though.

The rooms are a MOOD. I love it!  

Not that I got to see them...we only went briefly to the lobby so I could pick up a candle.The candle was expensive but I wasn't really surprised at the price ($50). It's a regular size, comes in a frosted glass that says Maison Souquet. And smells like the Lobby. 

Mostly it smells of Jasmine. A really nice heady and intoxicating Jasmine. Some of the other notes listed are Tobacco and Rose. Not sure if I get the Rose (actually...maybe I do!), but I think I can pick out tobacco. It's a beautiful scent. Not one I have ever smelled in any other candle but I am still new to the luxury candle scene. And this is definitely a luxury scent. You won't find anything like this from cheaper brands.

The strength of the candle is Ok. It fills a large room...but doesn't travel much beyond that. I'm Ok with the scent strength, if it were any stronger I think it would be too strong. It doesn't linger much either, usually it's gone once the candle solidifies. 

The box doesn't say what type of wax but I think it's paraffin and soy. It burns cleanly. Almost evenly but I have to put a tin foil hat on it to get the other side to burn. 

I really enjoy the scent of this candle and just might pick up another next time I go to Paris since that's the only way you can really get your hands on the candle. I'm already more than half way through the candle and I know I'll miss it when it's gone but I'll still have the glass jar to remind me of Paris.

Worth picking up if you visit Paris.





No comments:

Post a Comment