Thursday, June 29, 2023

NYX Professional Makeup Faux Whites Baby Powder Inner Eye Brightener Review


I've been a little absent from blogging...I went from obsessing about the Titanic to obsessing on hotel research. We have a trip coming up and I really, really love hotels. Especially when traveling alone, where I can just have a whole room to myself to just chill/relax in. IDK why it just seems extra special but it does. This is not that type of trip but I still do really like looking at rooms and reading reviews. I just wish I could learn how to get really nice places for less money. 

But anyway...back to blogging. I've been dwindling down my eyeliner collection and this is one that I am ready to get rid of. It was a gift from my sister after I said I wanted to recreate the Twiggy eyeshadow look. 


NYX claims:

Brighten up the beautiful eyes. Our all new collection of faux white has a variety of white liner with an exquisite touch of – rfrom erröten, Lavender and Mint. The bouquet of the sounds can be soft, but everyone is anything but subtle. Each colour glides on velvety soft and offers a distinctive matt finish. The corners of the eyes with this vivid brighteners for a fresh highlight pencil. Net wt: 0.04 oz/1.3g

Made in France

I still have quite a bit of old NYX shadows in the collection that I am slowly working my way through. It's not a brand I tend to gravitate to anymore because it's so pricey and I think it's very overpriced for what they are (drugstore brand).  I am interested in trying more of their eyeliners though. 


I tend to not be a fan of white liners. I went through some of N.Y.C and Wet N Wild  ones when I was trying out the white eyeliner trend that is supposed to make your eyes look bigger but it just really makes your eyes look strange. It's honestly a look I hate. 

This liner though is creamy and applies easily with no tugging. It goes on so easily that if you wanted white eyelashes, you could literally brush this on them (I did it once for something different).  But it's lumpy and it doesn't wear very well. It dissapears out the waterline if you use it there for the brightening effect.  You can use it as a base for lighter shadows too but those tend to apply very unevenly too since this doesn't blend out evenly.

I wonder if it's been discontinued as I can't find it on the site anymore?

Anyway, I'm really grateful to my sister for being so thoughtful and shopping the whole look for me, but white pencil liners just don't work for me. I do want to try a liquid one though, I think I could get really creative with it and it would be a great base for turning shadows into liquid liner. Maybe once I find a way to use this up...

No comments:

Post a Comment