Sunday, June 25, 2023

Vanilla Iced Coffee, Afghan Chicken Kebab Marinade, Crumpets

I think I have a slight addiction to iced coffee which isn't good for me because I don't tolerate caffeine well. Luckily these don't seem to affect me and keep me up too much, I think because I use the powered stuff. I already can't wait til the next weekend because I'm ready for the next one.

The last couple of coffee recipes I made didn't go that well. I think because I wasn't using fresh coffee or was using the powdered stuff and not really knowing what I was doing. This is definitely the best of the all the recipes I have tried so far. I use one packet of the coffee mix, a packet of the espresso and mix it with 90 ml of water. Let that sit in the refrigerator overnight because having all your ingredients cold is best. Add 60 ml of milk, and a cup or so of ice. Vanilla paste and sugar to taste. Blend and you have iced coffee! I've tried with the caramel packet but the caramel flavor isn't really strong so it's not worth the extra calories.



Then I made chicken kebabs. The website I usually grab my recipes from has all kinds of great red meat/lam/veal recipes but I think I'll just skip them. I was having a hard time finding some of the ingredients and I just think it will be easier to try some of the meats in a restaurant from experienced cooks. But..I can make chicken so I did. This was easy enough. Just blend up a red pepper, ginger, garlic, olive oil, and a few spices and let the chicken marinate in that overnight (I let mine sit two days), then cook them up. I loved the marinade, it was full of flavor! I would definitely make this again! I put mine of chopsticks because I didn't make it to the store to buy the skewer sticks. It worked. This is the recipe,which I think it worth giving a try! 



Last up, crumpets! This came from the Unofficial Harry Potter cookbook and I really liked them. Except the first batch I burned because letting them sit 5 minutes is entirely too long. The 2nd batch came out perfectly! I had mine with Wild Lavender Honey and Butter. Alongside scrambled eggs, grapes, beef bacon, and cheese. A full brunch basically....I'll definitely be making them again (especially since I bought the crumpet rings). I want to try them out with strawberry jam and make them for my family. I'll probably nix the cheese and have them with some fried tomatoes instead. 


And that's all! Until next time...








No comments:

Post a Comment