Thursday, June 8, 2023

Plant Therapy Ginger Lily Essential Oil Review

I am making more of a conscious effort to use up my Essential Oil collection because I tend to reach for the same ones over and over again. I plan on using the last little bit of this one tonight for my hair...so now is a great time to go ahead and get the review out the way.

Plant Therapy claims:

Ginger Lily, or hedichium roots, are grown by farmers in rural mountain areas of Himachal Pradesh, a state in northern India. This particular plant is grown at 1500-2500 meters above sea level. Grown from February to April, the annual production is only 2-3 tons, making this an incredibly rare oil. You might also see it called Kapoor Kachri or Sanna Oil. Ginger Lily is created through the steam distillation of the dried rhizome. It’s known for its fresh, spicy ginger, slightly powdery scent with camphor undertone.

When it comes to therapeutic benefits, Ginger Lily is a great oil to have in your arsenal for its ability to support healthy digestion and help soothe occasional stomach upset or nausea. Dilute to 1% in your favorite carrier oil and massage onto your stomach in a clockwise manner. It is also great for supporting healthy hair growth! Try adding a drop to your unscented shampoo. When creating aromatic blends, this oil can add a lovely warm and spicy touch to your sweet floral or citrus blends.

Ingredients: Hedychium Spicatum (Ginger Lily) Root Oil

Botanical Name: Hedychium spicatum

Country of Origin: India

Extraction Method: Steam Distilled

Plant Part: Rhizomes

Shelf Life: 2-3 years

KidSafe: No

Ginger Lily was oil of the month way back in October of 2019 so it was past time that I pulled it out and gave it some use.  I usually would use it whenever anyone had an upset stomach, I would just grab it and throw a couple drops in the diffuser. It really does help soothe an upset stomach and it helps with digestion.

I would keep a bit in a roller ball as well and apply it to the stomach but it was taking forever to use up that way so I started using it as a room spray. I tried all kind of combinations but I think my favorite was mixing it with Bergamot. Then you have a citrus-y, slightly sweeter energizing and spicy ginger scent. On its own it's spicy, and very much a ginger scent with a hint of fresh earth/dirt. It's nice.

I did also try it in my hair but I think I prefer ready make shampoos or conditioners with it already mixed in. I'm just not good at mixing it into hair stuff and don't really want to wear ginger in my hair. 

Overall, I had fun using it in my collection. I mostly enjoyed it for upset stomach or stomach issues but I wouldn't repurchase it because I have a ton of oils in my collection that help with stomach issues. It just seems more limited compared to other oils that you can do more with.



No comments:

Post a Comment