Saturday, July 22, 2023

Peabo Bryson


 Time to get back into the swing of blogging. I took an extended vacation and also a little time off the blog. I definitely meant to write this before I went on vacation but got caught up packing, slacking, etc

I'm a mega fan of Peabo. He was the Disney music KING of the 90's. My Dad would play his albums and on one of this albums was A Whole New World. I think I listened to the album way more than I ever watched Aladdin. This version is the definitive version. The only version that matters. One of my favorite duets of all times. I really should make a duet playlist...Peabo and Regina are just magic together.


Since we are talking Disney duets- can't leave out Beauty and the Beast. Peabo's voice is just perfect...it's majestic. He just has the perfect voice and it worked so well with Celine's voice.


Moving on from the Disney classics....Show and Tell is a bop. 


Then we have yet another duo. This time Peabo and Roberta Flack. It's a slower song...but I do really like this song. Sounds like a Broadway duo or something you would hear off Phantom of the Opera. I have to be in the mood for this one or else it can be a skip though.


Can you Stop the Rain is a favorite favorite. I LOVE this song. Really love it. 




I love Feel the Fire...but only really heard this version recently. I grew up on the Teddy Pendergrass version. I was shocked to hear this one. Both truly amazing and I can't pick a fave.




My favorite thing about Peabo is he has made music relatively recently that still hits. Sometimes as our favorite get older they just don't make music that resonates and can sound super generic/boring/uninspired. Not so for Peabo. His last album was amazing. So I added All She Wants to Do is Me to the playlist. I love seeing how much he really seems to enjoy performing. His voice is still so beautiful! 


Last but not least- Love like Yours and Mine. This reminds me of another song that I can't quite put my finger on. 


Amazing artist/ vocalist that I feel is more slept on than he should be. Check him out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment