Sunday, July 2, 2023

Samples Review: Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Mandarine Basilic and Rosa

 I really love companies that give you samples when you order from them. I know Macy's used to do it ( I don't order from them as much) and  I do like ordering from Nordstroms but I never get samples from them.  Anyway...these are the samples that came in my latest order. Usually I like waiting until I have three but it will probably be forever before I get another sample to add, so here we are! 

Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Mandarine

   I started with the Mandarine one because I think I enjoy citrus notes more than rose notes. This one was so nice and fresh and citrus like when I first sprayed it but there is something about the dry down I am not sure that I like. It starts smelling a bit like cooked citrus...but still really fresh at the same time. I think it might be the basil throwing me off even though I really like basil. Would be nice for summer but I don't think I like it enough to purchase at this point. I wanted to test it more.

Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Rosa

I like this one more surprisingly. It's very fresh and summery and seems like a great everyday choice. It dries down to smelling a bit generic though, but in a good way. It's very light though and doesn't make its presence known. It also doesn't wear very long..even if you spray the entire sampler size. Maybe two hours? It's one I would only buy with the expectation that I would have to carry it with me and re-apply. Not sure if I would purchase...maybe. I do just really like how lightly floral and fresh it it. Notes are Rose, Black Currant, Lychee, and Sandalwood. I do really love the bottle though and am determined to buy one to add to my collection eventually.



No comments:

Post a Comment