Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Molton Brown Re-Charge Black Pepper Bath and Shower Gel Review

 Of all the Molton Brown fragrances, this is one that had the highest reviews. It's definitely a more masculine scent but I figured since it came in the set, I may as well just try it out and review. I've used it about four times and now it's time to pass to my Dad (if he likes it I can get him a full bottle for Christmas or his Bday or something).

Molton Brown claims:

Embark on an off-road adventure with our iconic spicy fragrance. This shower gel fuses piquant black pepper, coriander and confident, earthy vetiver.

The off-road trek from rocky peaks to savannah grass canyons. A spice-spiked shot of heated black pepper kicks into the subtle woodiness of coriander. Robust and complex, earthy vetiver is grounded by deep, assured oakmoss. Re-charge your routine; conquer the adventure with our iconic fragrance.

Adventurous. Confident. Iconic.

Made in England
Sniffing it straight from the bottle it kinda reminds me of a cologne my Dad wears. But in the shower- this is my grandpa's house in a shower gel. It's literally like someone went there and bottledthe scent his house had. I was blown away. I guess it's a mix of his cologne (He used to wear Elizabeth Taylor's Passion for Men) and a general smokiness. I don't know if it's because he used to smoke in the house or my Uncle did but the house has a smoke to it. And it's not cigarette funk it smells better. But I don't think he smoked tobacco. I'm not sure. The smokiness is spot on though and I really love it, could be because of the memories it brings and how familiar it felt. It also has a cologne scent....I kinda of love it. It definitely brought a different experience/scent profile for me in the shower. I enjoyed it. But it's something that I would only use occasionally. 

It's on the stronger side, but not too strong. Yet I could smell it lingering in the hallway. And slightly on my skin. 

I got mine in  sampler gift set and it was on sale so I think I paid $5-6 for a 3.3 fl. ounce bottle. Or 100 grams. Not bad. 

It comes in a sturdy plastic bottle- I will definitely be placing it in the recycle bin. The gel itself is a pretty brown color. 

It lathers nicely, cleans really well, rinses cleanly, and does not dry my skin.

Ingredients are Meh. I've never been blown away by a showers gels ingredients but I guess they all come together to make a nice gel. Compared to the others in the collection this does have the best ingredients as it has pepper oil, and honeysuckle extracts (two different types).

Ingredients:

Water / Aqua / Eau, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Fragrance / Parfum, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Laureth-7 Citrate, Sodium Chloride, Coco-Glucoside, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Oil, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Polyquaternium-7, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides Citrate, Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Diethylhexyl Syringylidenemalonate, Ppg-2 Hydroxyethyl Cocamide, Limonene, Linalool, Citronellol, Hydroxycitronellal, Citral, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Coumarin, Tetrasodium Glutamate Diacetate, Sodium Phytate, Tocopherol, Alcohol Denat., Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Peg-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate, Red 4 / C.I. 14700, Blue 1 / C.I. 42090.*

Overall I would recommend to anyone who likes smoky, masculine, cologne scents. I could see myself buying another bottle of it to use on occasion just to remind me of Paw Paw's house. 


No comments:

Post a Comment