Thursday, August 17, 2023

Pebbles

 


Music post time. Today...Pebbles. I think I discovered Pebbles music when I was going through and listening to every song Babyface had written. I downloaded all the ones that had a Wikipedia page. That put me on to a lot of good old songs.


We'll start with Giving You the Benefit. Penned by none other than Babyface. It still amazes me how he could write so many songs across a variety of subject matter that really shows the best of what an artist has. I don't think Pebbles has a great singing voice, but I do really love this song. It worked for her.


Next Up Girlfriend. More Babyface and LA. magic. Love this one! Especially the beginning.


I think I saved the best for last. I'm not a fan of Mercedes but this song makes me pretend I'm driving one. I had a Mercedes rental a couple years back and I sang this song the entire time I drove it. This song was by the great Charlie Wilson. I read that just now, I didn't realize he wrote for other people until now.


I'm gonna be singing Mercedes Boy the next two weeks 😂 Now I'm off to order Hot Sauce, ignore real life, and continue my Golden Girls marathon (thanks Disney Plus).

No comments:

Post a Comment