Thursday, October 26, 2023

Acqua Di Parma Mirto Di Panarea Eau De Toilette Review




 Moving right through my Acqua Sampler set...the next one I decided to try was the Mirto. I can tell you up front I didn't really like this one.

Acqua claims:

Acqua di parma Blue Mediterraneo - Mirto di Panarea by Acqua di Parma is a Woody Aromatic fragrance for women and men. Acqua di parma Blue Mediterraneo - Mirto di Panarea was launched in 2008. The nose behind this fragrance is François Demachy. Top notes are Myrtle, Lemon, Bergamot and Basil; middle notes are Sea Notes, Jasmine and Rose; base notes are Juniper, Cedar, Mastic or Lentisque and Amber. 

Blu Mediterraneo Mirto di Panarea is a fragrance inspired by Panarea, an island suspended in time and the smallest and oldest of the Aeolian Islands. The fragrance is an ode to the volcanic landscape and a representation of the wild spirit of the Mediterranean through a blend of sparkling citrus notes with myrtle and fresh juniper notes.



Mirto di Panarea Eau de Toilette embodies the aromatic warmth of myrtle combined with basil and sparkling citrus accents of lemon and Calabrian bergamot. Sea breeze accord and fresh juniper notes meet jasmine and rose, bringing a feeling of calm and harmony. 

Mirto di Panarea is presented in the iconic Acqua di Parma bottle, a must-have design object with Art deco influences. The glass, which is pure, luxurious, and thick, is tinged with a deep blue colour that evokes the transparency of the sea in a play of reflections.

Top Notes:
Myrtle, Basil, Italian Lemon, Italian Bergamot

Heart Notes:
Marine Breeze, Jasmine Absolute, Damask Rose Absolute

Base Notes:

Lentisc Absolute, Juniper, Virginian Cedarwood, Amber

It smells like Colonia to me. And I don't like Colonia. It's a very fresh citrus scent in the beginning notes and I am kinda working out that I very rarely like a citrus scent. Then there is something in that I just straight up dislike, it seems to be the same scent note that it's the Colonia fragrance. There was a note that reminded me of the Body Shop Shea Butter Body Butter- I liked that but that was just the one note that I liked and it seemed fleeting. It did almost remind me of the 4711 cologne but I like that scent better and the price is a steal compared to this.

It also does not have much longevity. It doesn't build or develop in a way that is memorable. It's forgettable. I sprayed it this morning and don't remember anything distinct about it. 

It's supposed to be unisex but I think it leans more masculine. That could be another reason I'm not much of a fan- I generally don't tend to like unisex scents.

Overall, another one that wasn't for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment