Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Aveda Rosemary Mint Weightless Conditioner Review

 I reviewed the shampoo for this line a few weeks back- usually I review them together but I really don't use them together. I had some other conditioners I was trying to finish up first and when I did finally use them together- they don't work as well on my hair type because they aren't moisturizing enough. So I use them separate which has been better for me.

Aveda claims:

Weightless conditioner helps prevent tangles and static while leaving hair full of body and shine.

rosemary mint weightless conditioner
97% naturally derived* lightweight conditioner helps prevent tangles and static, leaving hair feeling full of weightless body and shine when used with Rosemary Mint Shampoo.


KEY INGREDIENTS
Plant-based conditioners help add body and light conditioning. White vinegar helps enhance shine.


ICONIC AROMA
Invigorating aroma of certified organic rosemary, peppermint and spearmint is proven to energize, awaken the senses and improve focus.

I like the Aveda brand- though I do think they are a bit overpriced. This conditioner by itself is $23.00. Luckily I bought mine in a set so I paid less than that. I would say I probably got it for $10.00 since the set was on sale. This is part of the classic Aveda line- Rosemary Mint. This line is definitely not for my hair type, but it was so classic I wanted to try it anyway. This is targeted to people with fine hair- maybe hair that gets oily and weighed down easily. I have the opposite. 

It doesn't feel hydrating as it goes on. It doesn't have a lot of slip for detangling but I don't mind it for detangling. I can get through most of my hair - except the crown with a Tangle Teezer with this in it. But I have used better conditioners for detangling.

It's a thick white conditioner that smells like mint. It smells nice- but not as fresh as the shampoo. I like the scent- it is  spa like but I think I prefer non-mint hair products in my hair. I like fruity-fresh or floral scents best. I use a decent amount of this each time I condition so it does seem to go quicker. But I think that's true of most conditioners I use. It rinses easily and leaves my hair shiny. Maybe it's the White Vinegar like they claim. 

I let my hair dry without putting anything into it- no leave in, moisturizers, hair oil, etc just to see how it truly left my hair and scalp. My hair was not dry- but it didn't have enough moisture in it, it just felt like it needed a little more. I do think this would be a good conditioner to use before straightening the hair because I don't think it would weigh down the final results. I also like that it didn't dry out my scalp- Rosemary is supposed to be amazing for the hair/scalp so maybe that had something to do with it.

Aveda does say most of their ingredients are naturally derived. Towards the top of the list you have your typical ingredients- further down it does have Rosemary Water, Peppermint Oil, Vinegar, Jojoba, and Wheat Amino Acids. Nice additives.  I like that the ingredient list is on the shorter side. Not bad. 

Ingredients:

Ingredients: Water\Aqua\Eau, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Water, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Vinegar\Acetum\Vinaigre, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Wheat Amino Acids, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Tocopherol, Lactic Acid, Fragrance (Parfum), Cetrimonium Chloride, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol <ILN49306>

The bottle is made of 100% recycled plastic. And I will be sure to recycle the packing once it' empty.

Overall, it's fine.  But not something I would purchase again. I think this would work better for a different hair type than mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment