Sunday, November 26, 2023

Homeworx Black Widow Bouquet Candle Review

 Homeworx seems to be a popular candle brand- especially among youtubers. I think because the founder was behind the candles at Bath and Body Works. I tried a few of the Slatkin branded candles and found the scents to just be OK. I think many of the BBW candles tended to be overly synthetics and way overpowering. But since Homeworx is a popular brand- I did want to give the ma try. Especially because I was really wanting more Halloween spooky candles..and this was on sale. 

Homeworx claims:

Set the mood to mystical and magical with this four-wick candle, offering up a fragrance of blackberry, rose, amber, and patchouli -- a combination that smells so good it's scary. From HomeWorx by Harry Slatkin.

  • 18-oz capacity
  • Black Widow Bouquet: a blend of blackberry, fresh-cut rose, amber, and patchouli
  • Four wicks
  • Glass vessel with decorative label; black metal lid embossed with Harry's monogram
  • Each measures approximately 5.5" x 3.5"
  • Made in Vietnam 

This is a heavy, large candle with FOUR wicks. I'm not a huge fan of candles with so many wicks lately. They really warm a room (good when it's cold) but they burn so quickly! The estimated burn time is 30-55 hours. I have had 9 oz candles ,which are half the size  of this 4 wick candle, burn the same amount of time. I also just prefer the look of a single wick candle, it just looks more elegant to me. But that probably won't stop me from purchasing a multi-wick candle if a scent appeals to me. 




I bought this mostly because it had Patchouli. And after burning Yankee Candles Witches Brew- I wanted more earthy, spooky, patchouli candles in my life. Also...blackberry, rose and amber notes really appealed to me. And the notes sounded similar to the Smiley candle I reviewed a couple months ago. The scent of that was good but it had zero throw and was greatly overpriced. 

This candle has a decent throw. Not overpowering or headache inducing. Does well in my larger room and comes out the room so you can smell it down a few flights of stairs. The actual scent is cranberries. Straight cranberry juice with something else making it a tiny bit more mysterious...I think that's the patchouli but you can barely detect it.  It's definitely more juicy and fruity than I excepted. It is a nice scent. I do really like it, I just wanted a spookier scent. I will enjoy burning this candle down- but I don't think it's one I would buy again.

I almost messed this candle up- I trimmed the wicks way too low and almost ruined  it but I did manage to light it and stick another random wick in to burn it enough to get the original wicks working. After that the burn has really been flawless. It burns to the edges and doesn't smoke/soot as long as you keep the wicks trimmed. It is a soy/paraffin blend candle. 

Overall, I would buy another Homeworx candle....just not in this scent. They still have them on QVC for sale which is where I got mine for around $17 on sale. 

No comments:

Post a Comment