Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Favorite Wash N Go Products

 Pretty much all I wear are Wash (or Wet) and Gos. I've been toying with the idea of straightening my hair and giving myself a big trim- or cut. Probably a cut. I just need to order some trimming scissors and stop using regular household scissors. I think that's one of the things I meant to order for Black Friday but completely forgot. Maybe that's a good thing....

Anyway, I've been thinking about doing this post for awhile. Not sure if I will get to five as I only really have a few things in mind for this post, but that will be part of the fun for me.

So let's get started....


1. Miss Jessie's Multicultural Curls-  They have changed the ingredients on this from what I can tell. It may work the same-may not. I did really like this stuff even though I'm not the biggest fan of Miss Jessie's hair products. This does have a white cast when I apply it and it really works in my hair when I am not in a high humidity location. I just apply, shake my head, scrunch, and go. The ingredients weren't amazing- but they weren't horrible. It does have a cone in it- I'm not a fan of any type of cone ( I think they coat the hair and can look plasticky over time) but Amodimethicone is supposed to be easier to rinse. 



2. Curls Blueberry Bliss Curl Control Jelly- I was trying to use this every way except for how the instructions instruct you to use it. Once I started using it as directed- I really enjoyed the results. Basically I just apply this over a leave-in conditioner. I scrunch it into my wet hair and then shake my head a few times. I get pretty nice definition with minimal effort. My hair is not moisturized though and can feel slightly dry and crunchy without a leave in underneath. The only thing I don't like is that it may contain micro plastic ingredients- Polyacrylates and Carbomer to name them specifically. 



3. Shea Butter- This should probably be number one but I am too lazy to rearrange this post. I love Shea Butter in my hair. It feels like it is really providing moisture. AND definition for a wash and go. Just make sure you buy a quality Shea Butter. I find the handcrafted and fair trade one is the best quality.


4. Garnier Curl Construct Mousse- I haven't used this in years...so I have no idea if it's the same. But I do remember it smells yummy and defined my hair so well! Also..it's cheap. I just wish it lasted longer. It does have micro plastic ingredients though.... The Curl Sculpting Creme from Garnier was just as great...but full of silicones. Might be more forgivable since the price is affordable though.



5. Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie- I need to buy this again. I know I did repurchase it a few times but it's been a few years. Most of the Shea Moisture products have been trash in my hair with the exception of the Raw Shea Shampoo and this. This smoothie made my hair smell amazing and gave me some definition and shine- could have been more moisturizing though.

And that's it.. I'm kind of surprised because I haven't been using as many curl defining things over the years as I thought. I was also surprised that many of the things on the list contain ingredients that have been deemed micro plastics. Also a lot of Dimethicone or other silicone like ingredients which aren't the best for my hair. My hair is much thicker and healthier- no splits or dry ends- when I avoid using silicone ingredients. 

I think my goal over the next couple months (years) is to try more defining type of products that are micro plastic and silicone free and create a completely new list.

Any recommendations? 


No comments:

Post a Comment