Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Philosophy Señorita Margarita Shampoo, Shower Gel, and Bubble Bath Review

 It's been years and years since I've tried anything from Philosophy. Of the stuff I did try, I don't remember being impressed with any of it. I have wanted to give the brand another go and I saw they had a gift set with three of the smaller sized shower gels so I went for it. Lately I can't resist gift sets. 

Philosophy claims:

gently cleanse, condition, and soften your skin and hair from head to toe.  our zesty margarita-inspired scent will have you looking forward to the next round.

the ultimate combination of luxury with simplicity, our award-winning multitasking formula cleanses, conditions, and softens skin and hair from head to toe. invigorating lime notes highlight a zesty margarita-inspired scent that will have you looking forward to the next round.

Fragrance notes- Lime and Pineapple

Made in USA


I think I paid around $6 for it and to me it wasn't worth that. I'm not really a margarita girl..they are ok. I think I have only had Strawberry flavored ones. Maybe I need to get a lime one. There is a recipe for it on the front but I have tried their recipes before and wasn't impressed so I won't be making them anymore. 

So...margartita shower gel. It's the scent I kinda hate. It smells like what I imagine a lime margarita would smell like- without that zesty citrus-y lime. And without being boozy. It's just there is the scent of cheap shower gel..it smells like something you get from the dollar store for some reason with Margarita scent mixed in. It's that part of the scent I hate. It's not very overpowering, it never lingers on the skin, but it does linger in the bathroom. It doesn't smell particularly bad when it lingers in the bathroom..I don't think it sticks around long though. I was really expecting to love this though because I do really like a Salty Lime scent- the Method All Purpose Lime and Sea Salt cleaner is one of my favorite scents...

The actual gel is OK. It cleans OK, rinses easily, doesn't dry my skin. I use massive amounts because I dislike the scent and want it gone as fast as possible. Because of that I don't know if it's the type of gel where a little goes a long way. I don't feel like it is.

I'm not brave enough to use it in my hair. It's just not made for my hair type and I'm sure it would cause tangles. I also won't use it as a bubble bath. Because I really do dislike the scent and don't want to sit in it. 

Shower gels and creams don't typically have the best ingredients. This is no exception. A few good extracts toward the bottom...mostly a bunch of synthetics though.

Ingredients:

Water, Sodium Laureate Sulftate, Laurel Betaine, Acrylates Copolymer, Glycerin, Disodium Laureate Sulfosuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, glycol distearate, Parfum, Sodium Benzoate, Benophenone 3, CitricAcid, Polyquaternium- 7, Sodium Hydroxide, Styrene Acrylates Copolymer, Sodium Sulfate, Laureth 2, Sodium Chloride, Linalool, Disodium EDTA, Maltodextrin, Limonene, Aloe Leaf Juice, Benzoic Acid, Panthenol, Green Tea Extract, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, BHT, Sodium Sulfite, Polysorbate 20, Caprylyl Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol, Yellow, Blue

The prices on these gels are high, a 16 oz bottle is 24 dollars. I think it's massively overpriced and there are other brands that do high end scents much better (LUSH and Molton Brown). I'm glad I didn't buy the full size and only have this smaller size to use up...

These are currently on Black Friday special at Macys for $12.00

No comments:

Post a Comment