Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Love Beauty and Plant Murumuru Butter and Rose Deodorant Review

 I'm so happy to be sitting down right now. I am cooking Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow and because I am trying to get everything on the table before six, I decided to start some stuff tonight. If I didn't have to visit so many stores today I probably could have been sitting down sooner- but it is what it is. I'm really excited for tomorrow though, I even have my Holiday candle that smells like Christmas that I am going to light up. And my Christmas playlist too! 

Love Beauty claims:

Here at Love Beauty and Planet, we put a little goodness into all of our gorgeous products. Each of our collections features a fragrance infused with an ethically sourced extract, including our deodorants. aluminum free deodorant. Yes please, ours give 24-hour odor protection, keeping you smelling beautiful. Time to give your underarms the attention they deserve! If you're looking for a great aluminum free deodorant, we include plant-based deodorizers to help protect from odor for 24-hours and long-lasting fragrances to help keep you smelling fresh and fragrant all day long. We've infused this Love Beauty and Planet aluminum Free. You'll also find ethically sourced Bulgarian rose extract. These are hand-picked in the morning and quickly processed to capture the purest notes of that rose scent.

  • This deodorant without aluminium is also enriched with murumuru butter sourced from the Amazon
  • With recyclable canisters made from 43% recycled plastic, this aluminium free deodorant gives a little love back to our beautiful planet
  • Gently apply in your clean, dry underarms!
info

Made in Canada 

I used their lotion not too long ago and I can't really remember anything about it. I should probably check the review. I think the brand seems very green washed- mosty because they have the word "planet" in their company name and they use a lot of plastic packaging. This particular packaging is from 43% recycled plastic. That's a very precise number. I think that's cool but I think they can do better. 

It's a Unilver Brand and I think it's their attempt to seem like a brand with better ingredients, good for the planet etc. 


The deodorant itself is translucent, goes on easily and smoothly. Doesn't irritate my underarms. Smells nice- a really fresh and light rose scent. 

But it doesn't work. It's one I would have to re-apply and re-apply often. Maybe every hour in the summer. Less often in Winter. 

Ingredients are mostly nice- I am noticing deodorants that have Propanediol as a main ingredient or high up on the list really don't work that well for me. 

Ingredients:

Propanediol (Plant Based Deodorizers), Water (Eau), Glycerin, Sodium Stearate, Silica, Zinc Ricinoleate (Plant Based Deodorizers), Fragrance (Parfum), Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Rosa Damascena Flower Extract, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Polyglyceryl-3 Caprate, Saccharomyces Ferment (Plant Based Deodorizers), Grapefruit Seed Extract (Plant Based Deodorizers), Sodium Bicarbonate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Coumarin, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool.

Not for me. I will probably leave this brand alone for awhile. I'm not completing writing it off (even though I feel I should), I am just giving it a break for a few years...

No comments:

Post a Comment