Monday, March 11, 2024

Harlem Candle Company Home Luxury Candle Review

 Burning right through my Harlem Candles...I tend to burn the ones I like the least and save my faves for last. So that probably tells you that I am not a big fan of this one. 

Harlem claims:

Our "Home" scent was born from the idea that home is not a place, but a feeling. Home is where we feel loved, appreciated and safe… and free to express ourselves without question. Home is where our story begins.

Influenced by the vibrant energy of Harlem, HOME beautifully evokes the sense of inner peace we experience with the feeling of finding our own special place, no matter where we are in the world.

Refined, elegant and undeniably luxurious, sparkling citrus top notes of bergamot, mandarin and Italian neroli blend seamlessly with a delicate floral heart of violet, lilac and jasmine. Aromatic green tea leaves tantalize and awaken the senses, and a warm, addictive base of sandalwood, golden amber, and tonka bean provides a magnificent finish to the perfect scent for warm sunny days and magical nights.


This is my first candle from Harlem that is one wick. And I do have to admit I think I like one wick candles better. They seem to last so much longer and since these candles are a bit more on the pricy side I definitely want them to last as long as possible. If I like the scent. 

I thought based on cold sniff this would be a scent I really like. But it's not my candle style. I love a moody, nighttime scent. Or daytime florals. There are exceptions to those rules but..rarely. This is a nice scent. It definitely smells like hot tea with some citrus and herbs in it. It's  a nice smelling candle...but it smells like something you would light in the kitchen or in the bathroom after cleaning. It doesn't quite fit in with lighting at night and reading a book or binging a show on Netflix. It's just too daytime. It doesn't quite fit for me. 

It's not a powerhouse candle but I can smell it, it's very noticeable when lit. I like that it isn't overpowering- nor does it ever induce headaches. 

It's a nice large candle...one wick. Doesn't seem to have too much trouble burning to the edges. The wick is extra thick. And it does have the tendency to smoke and soot after awhile so you have to be careful. There are some candles that burn cleanly no matter how long you leave it and this is not one of them. I have had it smoke quite a bit so I really do need to so a better job of watching it and sticking to that four hour (often times less) burn time to minimize the smoke and soot.

The packaging as always is nice. The candles always come in a nice box and cute glass jar. While I like the packaging, it's not one that I will feel the need to hoard once the jar is empty. 

Overall, if you like tea scents- or daytime scents then this might be the candle for you. My favorite by the brand is still the Josephine candle. This was nice but just not a repurchase for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment