Sunday, March 10, 2024

L'occitane Dry Skin Shea Butter Hand Cream Review

One more post and then I am done for the day. I reviewed a sample size of this hand cream but now that I have a big tube, figured it could get its own post. I actually bought this for my Mom but she ended up leaving it here so the rest is mine. I did  buy her another tube because she said she does like it,  I just had it shipped directly to her.

L'occitane claims:

This intensely nourishing and soothing hand cream with 20% shea butter is a true must-have for dry hands. Thousands already rely on this best-selling hand cream. Even in winter, your hands remain supple and moisturized.

Made in France

The shea butter hand cream contains 95% ingredients of natural origin as well as a high proportion of organic shea butter (20%) from fair trade and is therefore a must-have for your hands. It absorbs quickly and helps to intensively care for the skin, to protect it from external environmental influences and to balance the protective layer of the skin.

This best-selling hand cream is a true L'OCCITANE icon! Every 3 seconds*, a shea butter hand cream is sold worldwide.

Coconut and argan oil complement the rich effect of organic shea butter to even improve the care effect of this shea butter hand cream. The creamy texture absorbs quickly and gives the hands suppleness and a pleasant skin feeling without leaving a greasy film. After application, the shea butter hand cream leaves a delicate scent with notes of jasmine and ylang-ylang on the hands.

    Starting with the scent. It smells nice. Almost smells like something you would use on a baby. Like baby wipes or something. The scent is mild and I didn't like it much at first but it's grown on me. It's not strong at all, very inoffensive but does linger.

One thing I like about the brand is that they use Shea Butter and tell you the percentage that's in the product. It's supposed to be fair trade shea butter which I hope it is. I also hope they pay more than a fair wage because their products are pretty pricey and the women that produce Shea Butter more than deserve it.

It comes in a recyclable metal tube. I like the packaging but it is a bit hard to squeeze out as you use more and more up. 

As for hydration...eh. If your skin is really dry this doesn't do much for it. If you have normal to slightly dry hands, it works. But the moisture doesn't last long. It's one of those that I feel I have to constantly re-apply. According the the brand they want you to use it every time you wash your hands. I tend to wash my hands a lot so if I did that I would run through this cream pretty quickly. 

It does absorb really quickly which is nice. You won't leave greasy spots everywhere. And if you need to type or use a computer you can. I do tend to like a bit of greasiness to a hand cream....but if you don't this might be for you. 

One thing I do notice is my nails are doing are staying strong and peeling a lot less. I was using a cuticle oil pretty faithfully but fell off and noticed my nails haven't started splitting and peeling like they usually do. 

Ingredients:

AQUA/WATER - BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA) BUTTER - GLYCERIN - COCO-CAPRYLATE/CAPRATE - CETEARYL ALCOHOL - GLYCERYL STEARATE - BRASSICA CAMPESTRIS (RAPESEED) STEROLS - ARGANIA SPINOSA KERNEL OIL - COCOS NUCIFERA (COCONUT) OIL - HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL - PEG-100 STEARATE - HYDROXYETHYL ACRYLATE/SODIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE COPOLYMER - CETEARETH-33 - CAPRYLYLYL GLYCOL - ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN - SORBITAN ISOSTEARATE - POLYSORBATE 60 - PENTYLENE GLYCOL - BETA-GLUCAN - TOCOPHEROL - PARFUM/FRANCE - LOOLINAL - CITRONELLOL - ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE - - LIMONENE

Overall, it's OK. I probably wouldn't repurchase it...unless I am buying a tube for my Mom but I would try the other hand creams L'occitane makes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment