Sunday, March 10, 2024

Merula Menstrual Cup Review

 I think these are gaining more and more popularity especially since seeing them in The Last of Us. I know some people wonder how to take care of your period in shows like The Walking Dead etc once all the pads and tampons run out and menstrual cups seem to be the answer. I like them for the most part. They are way messier than tampons and pads. But it's nice that's its re-useable and doesn't sit in a landfill somewhere forever more to rot. 

It was time to replace my other cup and I thought I would use something local. This one was the most expensive option in my local store but I liked the color and that it's made in Germany so I bought it anyway. 

And ...I wish I didn't.


Merula claims:

This Merula Cup galaxy – in mystical dark purple – fits perfectly in its little pouch full of shiny stars, comets, planets, and a mysterious purple haze that stands before the vastness of the dark-blue universe. In between periods, the Merula Cup galaxy can be stored safely and ventilated in its little cotton pouch with matching purple drawstring.

The Merula Cup is made out of 100% medical-grade silicone and produced in Germany. It is round, with a rigid edge and a thin, soft body. The menstrual cup can be worn in a folded up state – only the edge needs to be open.

The slight vacuum means the cup can be worn whatever the condition of the pelvic floor muscles. It has an adaptable, three-rung stem that can be shortened to ensure an individual, optimally comfortable length.

This cup is huge...and unfortunately comes in one size. I wish they would do a smaller size because although I found my usual brand to be upleasant inserting and taking out...this one is so much worse. And it does not seal like others that have tiny holes in them at the top  so I find this one to leak and make a mess most days on top of being painful to use. I have had more leakage and issues with this cup than any other cup.

I really should just throw it out, but I guess I keep it just in case. Even though I would never use this when I am out the house because the chance of it making a mess is really high. 

Other than that the marketing is nice, the cup looks nice, it comes in pretty colors and a nice case. Could work for those that need a wider size or larger capacity but a big fat no for me. I already repurchased the Blossom Cup...I might try something else later down the line or just stick with Blossom because I know it works well.

No comments:

Post a Comment