Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Rick James


I was raised on Rick James music but probably the first time I remember seeing Rick James was at the BET awards....when he gave us his infamous line.


And then proceeded to astound us all by performing his classic Fire and Desire song with Teena Marie (this might be my favorite song of all time...ever!).

So these are my favorites...Mary Jane. I would sing this when it came on the radio and was mind blown when I found out what Mary Jane really was. It's still hilarious to me now.


Next song- Give It To Me Baby. The views on this should be criminal. It should have millions and millions more views.  Love, love, love this one


Actually just kidding...Superfreak is 100% my very favorite Rick James song. I love dancing to this one on Dance Central.


Next up, my favorite duo- Rick James and Teena Marie.I have to be in the mood for this one...but once I get into it, issa bop. It really is a beautiful song.


And now...my ultimate favorite. Fire and Desire. I love and live for this song. I am literally in my Happy Place right now. If I didn't think I would disturb the neighbors I would probably be shouting this one at the top of my lungs. I adore Rick James and Teena Marie though.




And that's all. Rick James is a legend and seems so underrated judging from his views. But he's not underrated over here! 

No comments:

Post a Comment