Thursday, March 14, 2024

Vitamix Wild Rice Soup, Chicken and Waffles, and Chicken Stir Fry with The Peanut Sauce

 I'm slowly getting used to being my kitchen...and feeling more excited and comfortable with cooking. So here is my next batch of recipe. 


I made some Wild Rice Soup a couple days ago. It was very easy and surprisingly good. I couldn't find the recipe posted online otherwise I would link it. It does have mushroom- and usually I really dislike mushrooms but it really added something to the soup. Basically this soup is mushroom and onions sautéed, with almonds, shredded chicken (the Vitamix shredded the chicken perfectly) and a few other things I can't remember. I subbed milk and cream for the the half and half. Soup looks kinda nasty but it was good. 


Next up- chicken and waffles. I had my first dinner party and decided to do chicken and waffles. I used a Belgian Waffle recipe I had made before- it's my favorite waffle recipe. They are easy to make- they just dirty a lot of bowls. And then I used the fried chicken recipe from a copycat Chili's recipe.  It's the best chicken tender recipe ever, I highly recommend it. And then I made a quick hot maple syrup by adding gochuchang and hot sauce and letting it heat up for awhile. Yum! I wish I had another plate but I definitely won't be making it again anytime soon.


Last up, a Chicken Stir Fry with Thai Peanut Sauce. I LOVED this recipe. I don't think I quite measured it right so mine had a lot more sauce but I think it came out perfect. I did sub some stuff, I used gochuchang in the peanut sauce and probably left out and switched a few more things. It really was perfect though. Would definitely make this one again! I made brown rice to go with it although I do think noodles would do nicely.

Random- Social Media made me buy Kewpie Mayo- I was surprised to see this one was made  in the USA. Overall, I thought it was very overrated but glad I finally tried it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment