Monday, March 18, 2024

Megababe The Cream Duo Review

 I'm trying to catch up on my water intake for today. I tend to slack on the days I work from work. Maybe I just need a bigger water bottle. But then again, I have been to  buying water bottles lately in all different colors for no real reason at all. Not the Stanley Cups though, I don't like anything that's harder to clean. But back to the deodorant. 

Megababe claims: 

Looking for your dream Deo? Meet The Cream Deo!

Made with 5% AHAs, The Cream Deo is your 100% natural defense against odor, ingrowns and uneven skin tone.

Mandelic and lactic acids do double duty, creating an acidic pH level that helps block odor-causing bacteria while also penetrating clogged pores to gently prevent and treat ingrowns.

Niacinamide, squalane and vitamin E join to help improve skin tone and encourage smoother, softer skin with daily use.

The light scent combines mint and tea tree for long-lasting freshness that won’t overpower your pits (or nostrils). And best of all, there’s an applicator tip for direct application - no messy fingers!

Like all Megababe products, The Cream Deo is vegan, cruelty-free and made without aluminum, parabens, phthalates or sulfates.

Dermatologist approved, clinically tested & safe for sensitive skin!*

Tested on Megababes, never on animals!

*In a test panel with 54 participants after 3 weeks of use.


Made in USA

I ordered this off Nordstrom. I don't remember why...I think it was a late night purchase. I really should not shop late at night.



  I think I bought it because I thought it was more natural. And I do always like to try natural deoderants- even though they usually don't work out for me. 

This one has very unique packaging. It's a tube- like a tube of lotion, with a squeeze top you can use to apply the deodorant. Very unique packaging. And seems to contain a lot more than drugstore deodorants because the tube is pretty full. There is a full 3 ounces in it.

The first thing I noticed was the scent. I really dislike the scent. It's tea tree. Smells very medical. Kinda reminiscent of the The Body Shop tea tree skincare line. I think I usually like the tea tree scent but not in something I am using everyday and not in this.

I could probably be more accepting of the scent if it worked. It does not work. It doesn't work at all. I use it on days I don't leave the house...but will still play my dancing games/workout and it's not good. 

It is supposed to have skincare in it, like niacinamide, lactic acid, and mandelic acid. That wasn't a selling point for me because I don't care what my armpits look like. I think they do look a little better though when I went to go look. Just smoother and a bit more even in color.

I have noticed this does sting every one in awhile. 

I do like the ingredients though...just wished they were an actual deodorant instead of mostly skincare.

Ingredients: 

Water, Tapioca (Manihot Esculenta) Starch, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Isoamyl Laurate, Lactic Acid, Triethyl Citrate, Saccharomyces Ferment, Cetearyl Alcohol, Propanediol, Behenyl Alcohol, Mandelic Acid, Cetearyl Olivate, Glyceryl Stearate, Sorbitan Olivate, Hydrated Silica, Niacinamide, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Squalane, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Glycerin, Eucalyptus Radiata Flower/Leaf/Stem Oil, Xylityl Sesquicaprylate, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Hydroxyacetophenone, Silica, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Anhydroxylitol, Eucalyptol, Menthol, Menthone, Isomenthone, Hydrogenated Olive Oil Unsaponifiables, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice.

Overall, not something I would purchase again. But I am glad I branched out and tried a new to me brand. 


No comments:

Post a Comment