Monday, May 27, 2024

Brisket and Hot rolls

I've been challenging myself to try and use up what I have- in the freezer and cabinets instead of shopping for more and more like I usually do. Gotta do the clean outs every now and again. Also, I think it's helping me with the cooking burnout I have been experiencing. I think it was caused by one or two many days where I just did cooked way too much.

So I'll start with Brisket. My Dad is the king of Brisket- he smokes his alllll day. I don't know how to smoke a brisket- I did help with one once but I don't have smoker. So I opted to use the oven and the slow cooker. My oven was giving me some issues but it seems to be working again. I cooked it for about 30 minutes and then threw it in the crockpot with some Smokey Chipotle BBQ sauce with some added stuff like Gochuchang, Soy Sauce, and Raspberry Jam. It's not my Dad's but once you put the BBQ sauce on it and put it on fresh bread, it was pretty good if I do say so myself. I have another chunk of meat that I'll probably do the same thing with in about a month or so. No pics of the finished sandwich cause I was too hungry.


Next up, Hot Rolls! This came from the Unofficial Harry Potter cookbook. It was the last meal Kreacher served to Harry. Rolls are hard to get wrong and these came out pretty good. I think mine were slightly over proofed so I wouldn't proof them quite as long next time but they rose beautifully and were really good. No Butter or Jam needed. I did half the recipe because I don't need eight whole rolls and they supposedly don't age well. Hopefully it's still alright tomorrow. 

I might take the leftover Brisket and make a BBQ sandwich by combining them. Yum! 

No comments:

Post a Comment