Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Rose Royce

Time for a music post. Today we talk Rose Royce. One of my favorite groups. And definitely one of my Dad's favorite groups, he used to wear out their great hits album.

There's a couple songs I love by them. First up- Car Wash. Almost makes me want to wash my car. I'm terrible at washing my car. I really am. But I did do it the week before. Maybe I just need to play this song for myself? Idk. Washing the car is just better as a group activity. I really need to watch the move in full, I would also catch it when my parents were watching the middle to ending. Anyway, one of my favorite songs, I used to be obsessed with it. I still am a little bit.


THIS is my JAM! Can't even put into words how much I love it. Also, his fro is beautiful. Sideburns are another conversation entirely. I want to listen to this song for the next hour and just😁.  I can't embed the original movie vid but you should search it on the youtube. 


Or maybe this one is my favorite. Honestly I don't think I could pick a favorite Rose Royce song. Because they are all top ten my favorite songs of all time. Ya'll remember when Mary remade the song and everyone acted like the original didn't exist? Crazy.


Next up, Wishing on a Star. Beyonce did a remake of this one. It wasn't bad, but the original is better.  People stayed remaking their songs. But I really feel they are so underrated. I always love her braids 😍


Next up, some funky music. This sound reminds me of the group Chic. The ultimate feel good music.



Ooh Boy. I love this one. Heavily sampled. Or maybe not. I remember Mase sampled this one...and I remember hearing but not hearing his first album a lot. But anyway, love it!


Is it Love You're After? The age old question. Such a unique sound. And a unique step. I feel like i'm hearing the lyrics for the first time😭.


Did I save the best for last? This is the the ultimate break up song. I've probably seen this video 5 billion times. How is she so gorgeous?


I had to snap out of it because the last song was taking me places. I think Rose Royce is one of my Top Five favorite Groups. It's hard to pick favorites but I love, love, love their music. If you don't know their them, you should check them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment