Friday, May 24, 2024

Maison Louis Marie No 12 Bousval Perfume Oil Review

 

I just finished perfume oil sampler no 12 by Maison Loius Marie. I have to say that so far this set really isn't for me. Mainly because the scents truly do lean more masculine and are said to be unisex. Which are exactly the type of scents I don't like. These are supposed to be their best sellers so I guess that's how they were chosen to be in the set. I am really hoping I love at least one of the five- but this one wasn't a winner for me. 

Maison Louis Marie claims: 

Launched in 2021, Bousval is named after our mother’s hometown: there, she'd walk her four collies during warm summer evenings, spending most of her time camping outside, catching fish, and picking fresh vegetables at the pond next to her home. Inspired by her enchanted summers, this scent has nuances of Valencia Oranges are joined with Italian Bergamot and bold White Cardamom. A signature heart of Ginger Flower is complimented with Eucalyptus and earthy notes of Oakmoss. Undertones of rich, sultry woods add to misted Musk for a modern aroma.


Top note: Bergamot, Cardamom, Valencia Orange
Mid note: Heliotrope Flower, White Ginger, Petitgrain
Base note: Gilded Amber, Cedar Noir, Myrrh


This smells like a mens cologne to me. Moreso than the others. I think because the opening of the scent is very spicy. I think it's the cardamom which I didn't realize until now can be a very masculine note. I think I had one other scent with very prominent cardamom and thought the same thing. The claimed notes are Bergamot, Valencia Orange, and White Ginger Flower.

I don't know what White Ginger Flower smells like but the Bergamot in this smells like Bergamot in a very vintage old school type fragrance. It smells like a throw back and not 'modern". I guess there is citrus. But..I would say it smells more like a dried orange peel instead of a fresh juicy orange. 

I don't like the top  notes at all. It smells like old man cologne. It does dry down and get better...but not much better. Some of the notes do smell pleasant but overall it's mostly very unpleasant to me.

I think there are a couple other nots that tend to be ones I don't typically like- mostly Petitgrain. 

One thing I do like about the brand is the scents do smell very natural. They don't smell synthetic whatsoever...they smell as though they are made with real oils. 

I have the sampler bottle which is nice-except the plastic roller ball. Metal rollerballs are so much better. This one works...but it could be better. I don't think the metal ones are even that much more expensive. 

I just didn't like this one. So far it's my least favorite of the set but then again I can't claim to really like any of them so far. Here's to hoping I have better luck with the next one. This one is retiring back to the bo now that I have managed to empty it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment