Sunday, May 26, 2024

Yankee Candle Stargazing Candle Review

One more review for today...just a candle. Because somehow it's still candle season. The rainy days are upon us and they don't seem to be letting up anytime soon. So I guess I'll enjoy my candle burning for just a bit longer. I needed a few more candles and I saw this in the store on sale for $10.00. So it went home with me. I liked it the best of the ones that were on sale.

Yankee Candles claims:

This is a floral fragrance. 

Escape from the ordinary into the sun-drenched desert. Discover an oasis where you can relax and unwind, inspired by the landscape. Satisfy your wanderlust as you experience the unique beauty of the desert. These candles make perfect gifts with their unique decorative labels and embossed silver-toned lids. Made with 3 wicks for even more welcoming ambiance.

It smells like the Lavender Vanilla scent that Yankee has that I used to love. Just with Eucalyptus thrown in. It's a very sweet scent and sometimes the sweetness overwhelms the other scents. But I do actually smell Eucalyptus sometimes. It really comes through surprisingly. 

At first I loved the scent- I contemplated going back to the store to pick up backups- but I am really glad I didn't. The candle makes me feel unwell. It feels suffocating and it's not because it's strong. It just makes me feel congested and generally unwell. It took me a minute to figure out it was this candle. Not sure if it's just this scent- I had another in similar form around Halloween and don't remember having any issues with those.

The scent throw is Ok. It's not overwhelming but you can definitely smell it. I think the scent strength would even do well in a larger or open room but just scent it very lightly.

They do have three wicks- typically I'm not a fan of three wick candles. But this one does burn nice and evenly and no issues with sooting or smoking. These candles are definitely a copy of the Bath and Body ones. The three wicks- different wax type- even down to the the lettering that claims they are made with essential oils.

It does claim up to 40 hour burn time. I would say it has a longer burn time...but that could be because I don't like it much.

In order to get rid of it, I have taken to burning it in the hallway to lessen my exposure to it directly since I only float through the hall occasionally. Hopefully I can use it up soon so I can move on to another candle. I do have one more Yankee candle to review. I decided to try their large signature jar because I just had to have that scent.

No comments:

Post a Comment