Monday, June 3, 2024

Cinnamon Raisin Bread and Beef Casserole

Quick post today because I am busy watching social media commentary vids on youtube. I've been watching about all kinds of topics- Ozempic, Trad Wives, Toxic Boy Moms, Parents monetizing and exploiting their own children etc. It's just all so fascinating. I am guilty of consuming too much social media sometimes..too often these days. One thing I wish someone would do a video on are men (usually attractive) that post thirst videos/traps for women...but they don't want women. If you look in the comments they just sit around fighting with women in the comments. It's so bizarre. But fun to observe. I'm just waiting for someone else to notice and make a video on it. 

In the meantime, here's what I've been cooking the past week. 

Cinnamon Raisin Bread- The bread was bomb.com. I did add a bit more sugar. Because I do like a sweeter bread- I think I did 1/4 cup. I didn't add any to the cinnamon swirl but I would add softened butter next time so it's not just a bunch of powdered cinnamon in one spot. But overall, LOVE this bread. It was very simple- just takes time. And I did knead mine. I enjoy kneading bread. Mine did burn on the top too-almost forgot. I cooked it in the smaller oven because the big oven was occupied and it always burns the top when the food is higher. Didn't matter, it was still amazing.



Next thing I made was Beef Casserole. I think going forward I am only going to do two recipes per post. I think I was doing too much with three. This is so much more manageable. Anyway, this is another recipe from the unofficial Harry Potter cookbook. Another successful one. Te book really excels at beef recipes. I usually don't like mushrooms but anytime they are in a hearty beef recipe- I find myself liking them. This was also pretty easy. I did use the correct meat- I had chuck roast left from the last recipe that I froze and took out for this. It will take some time..but not too bad. I made a huge batch of mashed potatoes to go with it. I just used baby potatoes, boiled them until they were soft, mashed them with a ton of creme fresh and added some mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Literally felt like I was eating in a really nice restaurant in the UK. The gravy was top tier. Best I have ever made. According the book, this is a Hagrid recipe and is supposed to have talons in it 😂 I left that out. Next part of the book is Mrs. Weasley's cooking- there are a few recipes I am going to skip- like the fudge and the treacle pudding. I just don't think it's worth the effort.  But this one was.

And that's all for now!


No comments:

Post a Comment