Tuesday, June 4, 2024

My Hair Closet

 I thought this might be a fun post to do- since I'm still currently obsessed with hair. I don't usually keep a lot of hair products- I used to limit it to one of each product until I started ordering from Chagrin Valley and I like to order those three at a time. Nowadays, I like to keep three products in each category- except for some things that I have more or less of. 

My hair type is 4. I'm not sure of the number after- possible 4c based on shrinkage. I don't do much to define "curls". I tend to just slap leave in conditioner in-lately I have been doing that in the shower. Then I slap gel in it, shake my head and go. I also have fine to medium strands and very dense hair. As for porosity, I think I have medium but I haven't done the strand test yet. 

So here's what I have: 

Chagrin Valley: Carrot Milk and Honey Shampoo and Chamomile & Citrus Shampoo. I really like shampoo bars- they aren't as drying in my hair. Also they have better ingredients. I went off of using these for a while but I am rotating them back in. 

Garnier Oil Repair Shampoo- I bought this for cheap. I just wanted something to clean my hair of all the silicones that coated my hair when I tried some Aussie shampoo and conditioner. My hair was feeling STIFF from that and cones can be hard to get out. So I bought this to get them out. I think it worked. I've used this a few times- I think it makes my hair feel like a brillo pad though. I still need to try it a few more times to be sure. It does smell nice though. 

Aveda Rosemary Mint Shampoo- I bought this to clarify. I know I have the Garnier but I think I liked this one better. It was on sale too. I'm just going to keep it around to clarify after straightening- which I rarely ever do.  

Aveda Shampure Nurturing Shampoo and Conditioner- I want to try all of the Aveda lines and this was next on the list. I think these aren't as hydrating as I need but they do OK. I still need to use them a few more times before I review them so a review is coming in the next couple of months. 

Hask Keratin Smooth Smoothing Deep Conditioner- I've been meaning to use this for a minute but I get lazy and then grab something else. I think I'll use it this weekend. Or maybe next weekend. Not sure yet. I do really like the Coconut version of their deep conditioner though. 

Aveda Nutri-Plenish DĂȘep Moisture Conditioner- Just reviewed this one and I love it. I don't love the price but it works really well for my hair to add moisture. 

Mielle Rosemary Mint Strengthening Leave-In Conditioner and Pomegranate and Honey Leave In- I'm trying to use up the Rosemary Mint one, I'm just a little tired of it and ready to move on. I tend to use one leave in at a time so once that one is done I am moving on to the Pomegranate one. 

Aveda Cherry Almond Softening Leave In- I've used this one when I straightened my hair and it was really soft..I'm pretty sure it was this! I need to use it a couple more times but so far I really like it. 


I have three wash n go products. I use the Camille Rose Curl Maker everyday and I'm about half way through. I really like it, the ingredients are great and it does define curls. In my reserve I have the Taliah Waajid Curl Sealer. I used it once and I like it, but I need to use it a few more times. I also bought Miss Jessie's Honey Curls. I really likes their multi-cultural curls so figured I would give this one a try. 

I almsot forgot, I have the Taliah Waajid Detangling Leave-In. I love it for detangling and as a leave in. It can feel drying when you put it on and like it won't help detangle but it does. It works well with my Tangle Teezer especially. 

I have Chi Silk Infusion. Strictly to use as a heat protectant. And it worked really well for that. It also makes your hair feel "silky". 

I have Vatika oil. I never use it because the packaging is a pain. It's probably expired. I'm still going to put it back in my hair closet. Maybe I'll check to see if it's OK and then repackage it to actually use. But likely I won't do that either. 



And last up..I almost forgot I had this. They are the Pooka Hair Butter and Oil. Every couple of months I tell myself I am going to do scalp massages before I wash my hair, I do it maybe 2 times..and then forget about it. I want to grow back what I cut off...so many this time I will actually stick with it. Healthy scalp grows healthy hair. 


Last up..Colour Wax. I got this in the mail yesterday and then ordered three more colors. It's so fun. I'm so excited to do my whole head. It's very subtle but it's cute! Can't believe I waited this long to try it out. 

And that's all! Not too many products- but I definitely need to use up some before I buy more. Although I am thinking of adding another conditioner. I think I might get a huge bottle so I don't have to buy any for a very, very long time. 




No comments:

Post a Comment