Sunday, June 2, 2024

Plant Therapy Persian Lime Citrus x Latifolia Essential Oil Review

This weekend went by too fast. And my watch broke again...so the last workout I did wasn't recorded. I hate that 😩 i'm still slowly trying get through more of my essential oil collection. I need to start with the oldest in my collection but I can't be bothered to really figure out when I got each one. I know this is an older oil though.

Plant Therapy claims: 

  • Helps purify & freshen air
  • Supports a healthy immune system
  • Promotes positive thinking
  • Invigorate your senses with Persian Lime Essential Oil. It boasts a slightly sweeter yet still tart scent than other limes. Persian Lime can help enhance your mental focus when dealing with daily tasks. In addition, this refreshing essential oil can help support a healthy immune system. It also holds cleansing properties that help keep your living space smelling and feeling fresh. It’s an uplifting essential oil that perfectly encapsulates the summer season.I think this is my third time reviewing lime essential oil. This one is a different kind- I used regular lime oil, key lime oil, and now persian lime oil. At the time I got this it was an oil of the month from Plant Therapy and they didn't carry it in their regular line. 
  • Country of Origin; Brazil

When I had this one side by side with the other lime oil, I did smell a slight difference. But now that I don't have them side by side I couldn't tell you what the difference is. I think I thought this was more 'bright and astringent" smelling. But mostly all the lime oils are interchangeable. It does smell as though you may have just zested a lime. I love the smell of lime oil. It's just a juicy and uplifting scent. 

I mostly use Lime Oil for cleaning. I make am mix of dish soap, vinegar, and this oil (or another oil)  and it makes it smell so much better. I also like using it to mop the floors. This one doesn't seem as strong as other lime oils- or it's getting old now so the scent does seem a little more to make the scent pop. Or it's just a more subtle oil. I don't know anymore.

Another thing I like to do is make a room spray. I put about 20 drops with some rubbing alcohol and water, shake it up and spray everywhere. It just makes everything smell so fresh and it is said to purify and freshen the air. I like to mix it with other oils like Eucalyptus, Rosemary, Lavender, Basil (fave), and Patchouli. 

You can dilute it and put it on your skin- it's great for oily skin. But it can cause photosensitivity so I don't use it only my skin..even diluted. I think I have in the past.

Love Lime Oil! I am trying to use it up, I probably won't repurchase for awhile because I still have so many oils to get through but I would eventually repurchase it.

No comments:

Post a Comment