Thursday, May 30, 2024

Maison Louis Marie No 13 Nouvelle Vague Perfume Oil Review


 

I'm down to the last two oils and can't shake the feeling I am running out of perfumes and need to run and buy more. I kinda want to go and get one this weekend but I also really want to use up the rest of the scents in the sampler before I do. Trying to be patient. This one is almost done. Only have a teeny bit of it left.

Maison Louis Marie claims:

MuguetTuscan FigTonkaThis refreshing, rich scent takes you to the Italian island of Capri where Marie frequently traveled with her sister while visiting the Amalfi coast. Nouvelle Vague transports you to spring on the Italian coast, where you’re walking on a tiny oceanside street lined with blooming wildflowers and native lemons. Its signature aroma captures an uplifting citrus accord, a sheer floral bouquet, and coconut wrapped with Tuscan fig and agave throughout. Tonka and undertones of golden woods ground this blend in comfort and warmth. 


Top note: Muguet, Coconut Waters, Lemon
Mid note: Tuscan Fig, Tonka, Agave
Base note: Vetiver, Amber, Santal 
Launched in 2023

This one has its own little video. I couldn't find one for the other fragrances. This one is insipid by Italy. I feel like I've had a lot of Italian inspired scents- probably because of the Acqua Di Parma sampler I bought last year. This one is not similar to any of those. 

I really dislike and like the fragrance. Mostly I dislike it because the strongest top note is Coconut. And I don't like Coconut fragrances. I feel like I used to enjoy the scent of Coconut but lately I can't stand it. There's something else in the top notes that I don't like-maybe it's fig. I don't know what "fig" smells like but I can recognize its similarity in a couple other fig scents I've tried.  I think my favorite fig scent is  actually by Aqua Di Parma but this is very different from that.

So I really dislike the top notes. And likely the middle notes. But a couple hours after I have it on, it changes to something I really like and keep sniffing. But I can't get past the first couple of hours of wear. If this scent got rid of the top and middle notes and it was whatever those base notes are- I would love it! It kinda reminds me of the scent of the soap from Kopari. 

So I'm not really a fan of the scent- I do like it a bit more than the other scents in the sampler. And I might even be tempted to try it in candle form. But I wouldn't purchase the perfume oil. Glad I tried it though.


No comments:

Post a Comment