Monday, June 10, 2024

Hask Keratin Smoothing Deep Conditioner Reveiw

 I wanted to save this deep conditioner packet for when I felt like my hair "needed" it. Originally I wanted to use it after straightening my hair but then I felt my hair didn't really "need" it and I should wait until I was seeing breakage. I don't think I have breakage and most of my hair that is coming it has been shed hair but occasionally there will be one or two pieces. So..I figured it was time.

Hask claims:

This ultra-restorative deep conditioner, infused with keratin, repairs damage, reduces breakage and static, making it perfect for over-processed and color-treated hair. It leaves hair moisturized, shiny, and frizz-free.

Made in USA

I was also curious about this because I had been hearing a lot about Keratin treatments. I wouldn't get a Keratin treatment meant to straighten the hair- but hair is made of mainly Keratin so I figured it would be cool to try a treatment for my hair. 

It's a conditioner with a texture like any other conditioner. It has a tropical fruity sweet scent but it has that scent of "deep conditioner" as an underlying scent. I believe it's the same scent that Cholesterol Deep Conditioners have. I didn't really like the scent much. It wasn't bad, I just don't prefer the scent. But I wouldn't mind the scent as long as the product works.

I did use it to detangle my hair. I think I am going to go back to detangling my hair with conditioner in it. I tried with just leave in conditioner and it doesn't work for me. It worked well for me. Took the normal amount of time for me to get through the Tangles with my Tangle Teezer. 

The main claims on the site are that it fights frizz, soften, and prevents breakage. It definitely helped with frizz. I twisted my hair after detangle each section and when I rinsed my hair was truly frizz free and the curls felt really clumped together . I think it would have helped if I were to straighten my hair after. Or done a twist out. My hair seemed frizzier than normal in my "wash n go" but I did rinse it two times and add a ton of leave in between using this. I think if I rinsed and went right in with a gel I would have been a difference. 

It also claims to soften- nope! It feels like any other protein treatment and makes my hair feel "hard". My hair snaps when I break it off. It does have added elasticity to it though. It's not soft at all though! My hair did seem less dry - except for the ends. It didn't feel moisturized though The ends could use a big drink of moisture. It wasn't too bad though. 

I did notice my hair had shine to it. So that claim was also correct. 

I did use the whole pack-previously I would try and get multi-uses but I need a lot more when I use it to detangle. I did also leave it on longer than 10 minutes. 

The ingredients are ok. No silicones. I did notice they have recently updated the packaging as well as the ingredients. The newer version has keratin higher up in the ingredients. I don't plan on trying those anytime soon- but one day I might. 

Ingredients:

Aqua/Water/Eau, Cetearyl alcohol, Cetrimonium chloride, Lanolin, Cetyl alcohol, Keratin amino acids, Cocoyl hydrolyzed keratin, Cocoyl hydrolyzed collagen, Hydrolyzed collagen, Cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, Hydroxypropyltrimonium hydrolyzed rice protein/siloxysilicate, Oryza sativa (rice) extract, Simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, Leuconostoc/radish root ferment filtrate, Populus tremuloides bark extract, Citric acid, Glycerin, Panthenyl hydroxypropyl steardimonium chloride, Isopropyl palmitate, Tetrasodium glutamate diacetate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Butylene glycol, Distearyldimonium chloride, Chlorphenesin, Sodium benzoate, Parfum/Fragrance, Hexyl cinnamal

Overall, it was OK. I liked the Coconut Oil one the best of the three I tried so if I wanted to repurchase a deep conditioner packet from them- that's what I would go for! 

No comments:

Post a Comment