Sunday, June 9, 2024

Maison Louis Marie Antidris Cassis Perfume Oil Review



 I guess I saved the best for last. Out of all the samples in the sampler, this is my favorite and the only one I would consider buying again.  I really want to try out the candle and the body wash/hand soap. It's going on my "wishlist". I think next time they have a sale and I'm in need of a candle I will go ahead and place an order. 

Maison claims:

This fruity fragrance begins with a black pepper note enhanced by bergamot and cassis. It then develops a strong green accord with a white rose base and dries down to a warm oakmoss, tonka, and clean musk base.

Top Note: Cassis, Bergamot, Black Pepper
Mid Note: White Rose
Base Note: Oakmoss, Musk, Tonka


I suspect most of the Maison fragrances are dupes of other scents- I don't have enough scent knowledge to tell you which is what, but I know that this smells basically the same as Diptyque Baies or L'ombre Dans L'eau. I don't have them side but side but based on memory it is extremely similar. Considering the price of the Diptyque, I would be more likely to repurchase this over the original just based on the price.

Most of the Maison scents in the sampler were unisex or leaned more masculine- I think this one is very obviously feminine. And  I like that. It also seems to be the strongest of all the oils. Another thing I like- I think it lasts three to six hours on skin- on clothes it seems to last just about forever. 

Mostly you get the sour berries- but sour in a good, interesting and unique way. I don't really get black pepper. But you do get a lot of black currant. I tend to really like black currant scents- basing this on trying  liking the Lush Comforter Bubble Bar. 

But yep- lots of Balck Currant. And lot's of Rose. At first I didn't think I could smell the Rose as prominently but after testing it a couple times, it's there! Sometimes when it settles all I really get is the Rose. And I really, really like it.  You also get that "green" notes. I always find the green notes the most surprising cause how do they capture that in scent form? 

Definitely my favorite of the set- I want the lotion, I want the candle and hand/body wash. I do think it makes a better "home fragrance scent" but I also like catching whiffs when I wear it. If you like rose scents or "sour" fruity scents, it could be one to give sniff! 

No comments:

Post a Comment