Saturday, June 8, 2024

Orange Vanilla Vinaigrette and Irish Soda Bread

 It's that time again for another food post. I am still sticking with two- and thinking that means I will probably do this post more often. 




I haven't been eating salads the past couple months- which is bad because I really love them and they are so good for you! That's probably going to change because I am on the salad dressing portion of the Vitamix cookbook. Starting with this orange vanilla dressing. I was so excited for it..but it was disappointing. Maybe it was the orange I used- but it just tasted mostly of the pith. It could also be that I didn't use the very best quality olive oil.  Not a dressing I would make again but I am still excited to try others in the book.



Then I made Irish Soda Bread. I have wanted to make it for years and years! I am finally to the Mrs. Weasley Portion of the Harry Potter cookbook. I am skipping a lot of her recipes- the nut brittle and the fudge. I just don't like making so many super sweet, candy type recipes. I guess I'll get through the book quicker. I have been making a lot of bread lately which means I have been buying less bread than usual. Anyway, this was very easy to make and really good. Kinda like a biscuit meets a really soft bread! I'll probably use it toasted throughout the rest of the week for sandwiches. I would definitely make it again! 

I also made a pizza this week- it's been a minute since I made one. I used to make them all the time! It was too good! I used some chimichurri my friend shared with me and topped it with hot honey.




Then I found these Portuguese Custard tarts in my local store. I think it's lacking in flavor but I do like how flaky and crisp it was. I need to try and make some- or visit Portugal and try the authentic ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment