Friday, June 7, 2024

Yankee Candle Midnight Jasmine House warmer Jar Review


 Years and years ago I had the tart of this scent and I really loved it. Also years and years ago I figured out I really don't like the Yankee Candle House Warmer Jars- they don't have much scent, they can be hard to burn down evenly, some of them soot really badly. They just generally weren't worth the cost. But I forgot and thought maybe they had changed. I also remember reviewing the tart of this scent and really liking it. So I bought it. 

I should have left it in the store though. 

Yankee Candle claims:

This is a Floral fragrance.A seductively lush perfume of water jasmine, sweet honeysuckle, neroli, and mandarin blossom. Fragrance Notes: Top: Neroli, Orantique, Mandarin Blossom, Yellow Grapefruit Mid: Grapefruit Base: Musk, Powdery Notes Top note is the initial impression of the fragrance, middle note is the main body of the scent, and base is its final impression. Midnight Jasmine is Floral.


I think this smells different than how it smelled years ago. I think it smelled great years ago, it still smells ok now...but you can barely smell it. It's kinda there but not. Just a faint floral scent that I wouldn't necessarily pick out as Jasmine. I wanted a nice Jasmine scent that would fill the room...or even most of the apartment because I know their candles did do that back in the day. 

I don't think the scent is anything special and there are much better Jasmine scents out there. My favorite is probably the Voluspa Jasmine Midnight Blooms scent. That one is gorgeous. You get less bang for your buck- but I would rather buy quality over quantity. 

It is a paraffin candle. I am finding I prefer other candle wax types for the most part- the last few Yankee Candles have made me feel generally unwell so I only burn it in the hallway now where I pass by rather than stand and inhaling constantly. 

It's a 22 oz candle with a long burn time- 110-150 hours. So you get a long burn time for your money but where is the scent?

I will probably leave Yankee Candle alone for a couple more years-there are just so many other better brands out there. I think their scents are nice but the quality of the large jar is not there. For the price I would rather have a smaller 8 oz candle that actually has a scent. I do remember their smaller sizes were better so if I do decided to try them again I would pick up the smaller size candles.

No comments:

Post a Comment