Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Nopalera Cactus Lemongrass Soap Review

 


I love the branding and packaging for this brand so when I first saw it, I knew I had to try it. I've definitely used a cactus soap before...it was a couple years ago. I don't remember much about it, just that I wasn't super impressed with it. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't try another brand. I didn't realize this was lemongrass scent- I've tried a ton of lemongrass soaps and I liked them just fine in the past although Lemongrass isn't my favorite scent.

Nopalera claims:
A Nopalera signature in formulation and bold design, Planta Futura Cactus Soap couples handmade artistry with indulgent, native ingredients to evoke a sense of purpose and peace in every lather.

Native Mexican Prickly pear cactus and rich plant butters deliver healing nourishment, while cactus fibers gently purify and exfoliate skin. The subtle scent of lemongrass oil calms the mind for an enriched, refreshing cleansing experience.


I actually did a search through my blog just to do a refresh my memory on all the lemongrass soaps I've tried...and I did really seem to like some of them. These days I could mostly leave lemongrass. Or at least this scent. I think I like lemongrass blended with something fruity and this one doesn't have that fresh uplifting lemongrass scent. It's more muted and smells like it's blended with tea tree. I can't say I enjoy the lemongrass scent of this..and I think there are better scented soaps out there. My favorite would probably be the Plantlife Lemongrass soap. Sometimes Lush does a good seasonal one but they aren't always offered so I won't harp on that much. 

Other than that, it does lather nicely. I do feel like my skin feels softer and it's not dry- probably even moisturized!  It really does feel like something good for your skin and I feel like my skin looks and feels better overall. I think it does just  Ok for cleaning though. I've had others that I felt clean better. 

It's a really cool green soap. Handmade. It's not triple milled or anything] like that so it does feel like it melts quickly. But you don't need a ton to get a bubbly lather. You only need a little bit. I probably use too much. 

It is pretty pricey at $14.00...you can definitely find cheaper lemongrass soaps...but the ingredients are a little bit better than other soaps I've tried in the past. It does have Native Mexican Prickly Pear in it. Makes it more unique.

I like that the first ingredient is Rice Bran oil. I think that's part of what makes the price a bit higher. Most soaps tend to rely on Palm or Coconut for their main oils. I find the Rice Bran oil is probably what makes the soap a bit softer and silkier feeling. I think these would probably make a nice facial bar. 

Ingredients: 

Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Aqua (Water), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Sodium Hydroxide, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Opuntia Ficus-Indica (Nopal), Mica, Titanium dioxide, Chromium oxide green, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus (Lemongrass) Oil *Wild Harvested

Overall, I wouldn't buy this scent again- but I do really want to get my hands on the Jasmine scent. I will probably end up ordering that one in the next year. I really like that it's Latinx created and owned so I think it's a cool brand to support. 

No comments:

Post a Comment