Tuesday, July 16, 2024

Joop Le Bain Eau De Parfum Review

 


I have an amazing- but exhausting weekend...I'll probably post about it in a few weeks. But for now, I have another bargain perfume review. I search perfumes on Amazon often. It's just something I do when I'm bored. This particular perfume is always in the top of the search results so I figured it has to be worth trying.

Joop claims: 

Le Bain by Joop! is a tender, dazzling composition. A fragrance that embraces the soul, created for the woman who gives herself unreservedly to her feelings. Exuberantly, southern Chinese lycees and magnolias open up the tender encounter. The floral splendor of Turkish rose sinks into the spicy fog of amber and Arabic sandalwood. Attractive vanilla and tonka seduce with sweet lightness. oriental floral bottle with hinted, feminine silhouette closure cap with JOOP! Logo embossing

Joop! Le Bain by Joop! is a perfume of the fragrance family Ambra Blumig and is for women. Joop! Le Bain has been available since 1989. The nose behind this perfume is Symrise. The top notes are aldehydes, orange blossom, bergamot and lemon; the heart notes are sandalwood, jasmine, cedar, rose and lily of the valley; the base notes are tonka bean, vanilla, amber, musk and patchouli.

Made in France 

I bought this for around 2o euro. The price as listed on the Joop site is 40 and I don't think it's worth that. I really don't. $10 to $15 is the max I would spend for this one. 

But we'll start off talking about the packaging...it definitely looks and feels like a bargain perfume. Everything from the box, bottle, and sprayer just feels bargain. There's nothing wrong with that but I couldn't do a review without mentioning it. 

As for the scent, it's not for me. It's certainly unique and I can't say that I have ever smelled anything similar but...I don't like it. It came out in 1989 and it definitely smells like a vintage scent. It smells like a hodge hodge of things that I can't describe with some prominent vanilla. I can't really pick out any sandalwood or rose or lychee's or magnolias. It just really smells like a hodge hodge or random stuff that doesn't particularly go together. 

So I can't say that I like it. 

As for lasting power, if you spray enough it does last. 

It's not for me. Glad I know what it smells like now though so I don't have to wonder about it every time it pops up in the search results. 

No comments:

Post a Comment