Thursday, August 1, 2024

Essie Butler Please Nail Polish Review

 

I'm officially back from vacation....I had a really great time but it really seemed to fly by. I'm supposed to take it easy the next couple days but figured while I was relaxing I should get back to blogging. Back to nail polish reviews- I am trying to get back into consistently painting my nails like I used to- I bought a large bottle of top coat when I was in the states so hopefully that helps me out too.

Essie claims:

Bright Blue Nail polish

indulge in a bright blue nail polish that simply adores being waited on hand and foot. spa pedicure? yes, darling, yes.

  • essie original nail polish provides a salon quality, vegan formula for flawless coverage.
  • our exclusive easy-glide brush allows for quick, even professional application on nails. 
  • the essie collection has over 1,000 shades and counting.
  • our nuanced colors are all inspired by the latest fashion and cultural trends to make your manicure possibilities endless.
  • with a wink and a story always on hand, consider us your partner for playful nail inspiration.

Made IN USA

I'm a fan of Essie nail polish- it might be my favorite brand. I love buying a blue nail polish- I tend to be attracted to the same colors in different brands but I am trying to make sure I am more selective when bringing a color in. I can't remember what the shade was by OPI that is similar more of less. I like this shade of blue better though because it shows more blue and it's brighter but it still could be brighter. It does photo more bright that it is in person.

It is very saturated. One coat will do. But for better coverage I always use two. The wear is OK. I notice some chipping after 24 hours..but it's very minor. I would say I can get three days out of it with a nice top coat. Not as long as some other Essie polishes last though. I tend to prefer Essie over OPI though.

I bought this back when Essie was using the skinny brushes- it can be a little hard to apply evenly mostly due to the brush. And it's on the thicker side so a super thin coat is not really possible. It's not my favorite polish to paint with but it looks ok on. I think with the new brush it probably works much better than the one I have with the skinny brush.

I have it on my hands and as a pedi color. I don't think blue is the most flattering on my skin tone. But I do like it. As a pedi color I hated it at first but it has actually really grown on me and I would use it again. 

I've had this color for years...and I thought I had used it a ton of times but I still have so much left. I will happily use the rest but won't replace it once it's gone. I feel like there has got to be a brighter more vibrant blue out there......

No comments:

Post a Comment